Connectivity issues

Wanna understand E=mc2, English grammer, or maybe just build a computer? We can help!

Moderator: Moderators

Sharpster
Inmate

Connectivity issues

Post by Sharpster »

So I upgraded my PC to Windows 10 last night after using it without issue for a few hours. After the upgrade finished I no longer could connect to Internet. The troubleshooting message said "One or more network protocols are missing" after a bunch of digging I tried doing all of the steps in the following link: http://appuals.com/best-fix-one-or-more ... e-missing/

I didn't have any luck. I reverted my OS back to Windows 8.1 and I'm still having the same issue. I ran the troubleshooter again and now it says ""Ethernet" (network name I guess) doesn't have a valid IP configuration"
I tried running an ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew but that didn't help either.

I'm stumped, any suggestions?

EDIT: I'm gonna reinstall my mobo drivers tonight when I get home and hopefully that'll be all it needs. Only other thing I could come up with.
Sharpster
Inmate

Post by Sharpster »

Well in a bizarre and positive turn of events, everything was working just fine when I got home and booted up my machine last night. No idea what was causing it but I'm just gonna assume the router/modem or something on Comcast's end was messed up and it wasn't my PC. Afraid to upgrade to Windows 10 now though :lol:
Sharpster
Inmate

Post by Sharpster »

PC went ahead and upgraded itself to 10 again. No internet access again. Back to square 1.

EDIT: Seems like anytime I shutdown the computer and turn it back on it gives me internet access again. If I happen to restart it though, I lose it and have to shut down and turn it on... Odd.
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

I have had similar issues on a laptop. First place I'd check would be the drivers for your network card/chip. Try several versions from the manufacturer if you have to.