Talk about games other than Tribes.

Moderator: Moderators

Spinning Hat
Inmate

Homeworld Remastered!!!

Post by Spinning Hat »

I saw this article on Edgadget today:
http://www.engadget.com/2015/02/24/home ... ed-review/

I vaguely remembered that it was in the works, but it is due out tomorrow. Who's getting this little gem?
"Never, Never, Never quit." - Winston Churchill
"Men don't like to cuddle. They only cuddle if it leads to.. You know.. Lower cuddling." - Ray Romano
"Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a dump truck." - Ricky, age 10
XMEN Ashaman DTM
Inmate

Post by XMEN Ashaman DTM »

I'm thinking about it. ArsTechnica did a pretty good writeup as well.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/02/h ... sterpiece/
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

I so, so loved Homeworld, and Cataclysm. HW2 not so much. I won't be getting remastered anytime soon (due to other circumstances) but it's on my list.
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

Ok, I lied, or at least defined "soon" poorly. It was on the Steam summer sale, so I picked it up for $15. The "remastered" package includes not only remastered HW1 and HW2, but also the originals. I guess so you can compare.

And you know what? It's awfully purdy.

They didn't change the music. SO glad about that; this is probably my favorite version of Agnes Dei I've heard and everything is so atmospheric. (not sure if they updated the voice of Karen Sjet?) Gameplay is still good but showing some age. They did update the interface of HW and I don't know that I entirely approve of the feel but that's probably my only nitpick.

Added achievements: Meh. Added (beta) multiplayer: Hmm....
Spinning Hat
Inmate

Post by Spinning Hat »

March, June, It's all relative.. :) I didn't even know the Steam Summer Sale had happened, otherwise I probably would have tried to snag it. I'm always so buy with other stuff.. My game time just isn't there. Especially in the summer.
"Never, Never, Never quit." - Winston Churchill
"Men don't like to cuddle. They only cuddle if it leads to.. You know.. Lower cuddling." - Ray Romano
"Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a dump truck." - Ricky, age 10