What are YOU playing?

Come in! Have a margarita or root beer? How about some fresh trout? :)

Moderator: Moderators

Starmage21
Inmate

What are YOU playing?

Post by Starmage21 »

Sometimes posts go few and far between here and I don't necessarily like that :) What is everyone playing these days, so we can game together?

For me, I have been in Diablo III quite a bit with the wife. Star Trek Online is a minor distraction. I still put a decent amount of time in Skyrim on Steam. Have considered the new xpack in WoW with the wifey, but have not had it in the finances to drop the 130 bucks on it yet.

I have BF4 installed but never played it. BF3 I have all the xpack for and a decent record.
Sharpster
Inmate

Post by Sharpster »

When I have time, which is not very often as of late, I'll try to get a game or two in on the new call of duty for PS4. My fiance's brother however has been trying to get me to get back into WoW as he and some friends started playing again with this new expansion. I don't think I'm going to do that though because of the lack of time mentioned above. :lol:
Spinning Hat
Inmate

Post by Spinning Hat »

I played 10 minutes of Mario Kart on the GameCube last week... Been working on Woodworking projects as Christmas gifts.. So very little play time for me. :(
"Never, Never, Never quit." - Winston Churchill
"Men don't like to cuddle. They only cuddle if it leads to.. You know.. Lower cuddling." - Ray Romano
"Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a dump truck." - Ricky, age 10
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

I've been really busy and my playtime is very unscheduled, so I don't do any multiplayer these days. :(
FaLLGuY
Inmate

Post by FaLLGuY »

BF4 and little of PlanetSide 2...... I do have Quake live but don't play that much.

Have a shortcut on my desktop still for Tribes Ascend and Tribes. :D

Also I have a BF4 server that never gets used..... lol. :P I have to cut the funding to this soon.

XMEN Ashaman DTM
Inmate

Post by XMEN Ashaman DTM »

Still get out and play Tribes: Ascend. On rare occasions.

I work eight 9s and an 8 with every other Friday off. I'm usually pretty beat by the end of the day, but squeeze in time after the kids go to sleep for: T:A, studying various things, programming. That usually only happens once a week or maybe on the weekends.

I'd like to fire up something else, but not much that I've seen or read about has really caught my attention.
TimberWolf
Inmate

Post by TimberWolf »

Been playing Factorio and Space Engineers in my free time lately. Also like to play Kerbal Space Program, but haven't played it since it went beta.

Free time being when I'm not doing chores, helping friends, feeding newborn, upgrading something in the house, ect. So game play is very intermittent.
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

How do you like Space Engineers?
TimberWolf
Inmate

Post by TimberWolf »

I enjoy it. Granted I play in survival mode most of the time and have been trying to do bigger and bigger builds which get tedious, but once you build it then things get easier (such as a new refining station with 24 refineries, 18 arc furnaces, 22 assemblers and a large array of welders). When you're building the first infrastructure takes the longest and is the most tedious as your either constantly mining or waiting for assemblers to finish making parts (if you haven't chosen to ramp up speeds in the options of that world for refining and assembly, which I do not but do so on welding and grinding).

I like the resource gathering aspect to the game and the ability to automate things. Being able to design and build your own things also has great appeal to me. I see a lot of people designing beautiful ships that are not practical or do their jobs well. I haven't gotten into the multi-player part of the game yet but since they just added what is basically infinite worlds I have more interest in trying it out. In multi-player the work can be shared, which is especially needed at the beginning in survival mode to setup basic infrastructure (mining, processing, production, welding, grinding, and storage). I've seen videos of cooperative builds on YouTube in survival mode that are astounding. There is also combat, one gun for the player currently but missiles and Gatling guns for ships. Once you have the basic infrastructure built you can mass produce fighters and build large ships dedicated to combat or combat support then maintain them.

Look up my steam account to see some pics of my work and some ships I've put up on the workshop in hopes they get added to the exploration game mode in the future.

Steam: NutzholzWolf