Happy Thanksgiving!

Come in! Have a margarita or root beer? How about some fresh trout? :)

Moderator: Moderators

XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Happy Thanksgiving!

Post by XMEN Gambit »

So, a day late - but there's still all that turkey left. I hope you guys enjoyed it and have a safe weekend.
XMEN Ashaman DTM
Inmate

Post by XMEN Ashaman DTM »

Weekend was good; went to in-laws in eastern WA. Turkey was good. My wife and I laughed that one of our sons chose to eat only a spoonful of mashed potatoes, a croissant, and about four cups of gravy.

The youngest had five rolls, four rice-krispy treats, three brownies, two leaves of spinach, and about three cups of olives.

I, of course, had to get both hands scalded by hot gravy because it overflowed around the food on my plate to where my hands were. But it was good.

I'm getting more out of shape after the feast though.... the shape being "round". The only thing stopping me from working out today was the third level of parent pain: 1-ouch, 2-yikes, and 3-stepping-on-a-lego-brick-while-barefoot. I stepped on a stool and bruised my arch.

I'm assuming that most everyone saw snow, right?
Spinning Hat
Inmate

Post by Spinning Hat »

We've had snow on the ground for almost 3 weeks.. This cold has been brutual. This has been more like February than December... My Heating bills are gonna be bad this winter, I can feel it.

Turkey Day was good. Pretty mellow. Didn't eat too much, had a nice time. Almost made it to Christmas Break from School, so I am looking forward to that. :)
"Never, Never, Never quit." - Winston Churchill
"Men don't like to cuddle. They only cuddle if it leads to.. You know.. Lower cuddling." - Ray Romano
"Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a dump truck." - Ricky, age 10
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

No snow here in TX.

Asha, the one that ate the rolls and olives? That reminds me of when I was a kid. :)

Hat, I thought you were done with the schooling?
Spinning Hat
Inmate

Post by Spinning Hat »

No, back for my B.S. in Supply Chain and Operations Management. I started down this path before I started working at Zeiss, but now that I am working in a manufacturing environment, It's just more incentive for me to finish my degree. My A.A.S. in Air Traffic Control, no matter how difficult it was, doesn't get you too far outside of the Aviation world.
"Men don't like to cuddle. They only cuddle if it leads to.. You know.. Lower cuddling." - Ray Romano
"Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a dump truck." - Ricky, age 10
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

Oh, I see. You're taking this whole Sid Meier simulation thing way too far. Were you smacked with a copy of Transport Tychoon as a youth?

;)
Spinning Hat
Inmate

Post by Spinning Hat »

Lots of MS Flight Simulator... Working in manufacturing presents lots of different challenges. It's been mostly enjoyable so far. >) MUCH better than freight brokerage..