Couldn't run Tribes: Ascend

Wanna understand E=mc2, English grammer, or maybe just build a computer? We can help!

Moderator: Moderators

XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Couldn't run Tribes: Ascend

Post by XMEN Gambit »

Since February or so I haven't been able to run system updates OR play T:A. Not sure how many other things were affected. Some of it I thought was permissions since I'd started without using the MS ID at login, and then needed to get into the MS Store for something so had to switch. Well, turns out it was my paranoia that got me this time. I'd disabled certain services that I didn't trust, and things worked fine. Most things.... I was trying to update to 8.1, but had to get the windows updates to work first. Much research turned up nothing useful so I had to do the detective work on my own and found my handiwork. So now... updates successful. Upgraded to 8.1. T:A works!

I am SOOO rusty and only came in 4th on my team on the one match I played. But good to see you out there last night, Asha. :)
Spinning Hat
Inmate

Post by Spinning Hat »

'Only' came in 4th with being rusty? I'd call that a victory if I ever heard one..
"Never, Never, Never quit." - Winston Churchill
"Men don't like to cuddle. They only cuddle if it leads to.. You know.. Lower cuddling." - Ray Romano
"Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a dump truck." - Ricky, age 10
XMEN Ashaman DTM
Inmate

Post by XMEN Ashaman DTM »

What Gambit forgot to mention is that most of the folks in that server were overall pretty good.

At one point when Gambit and I were attacking the enemy base, I had a mental image of Gambit as a wild primate doing pelvic thrusting over his defeated foes to demonstrate to the tribe that he was dominant. It was either that or picture him flinging poo...
Spinning Hat
Inmate

Post by Spinning Hat »

LOL! That's funny right there.

What classes are you guys mostly running? I've been running the Brute and I love it. I unlocked it the old fashioned way, and it's been fun. Once I maxed out my XP on the Juggernaut I figured it was time to try something else. Been waiting to see if the wife gets me the GOTY edition or if I need to pick it up on my own, as there are a lot of weapons I want to play with, and don't have the patience to earn all that XP to unlock them. (And too cheap to buy Gold)
"Never, Never, Never quit." - Winston Churchill
"Men don't like to cuddle. They only cuddle if it leads to.. You know.. Lower cuddling." - Ray Romano
"Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a dump truck." - Ricky, age 10
XMEN Ashaman DTM
Inmate

I usually run pathfinder as a capper or chaser; usually capper. The loadouts are the same except the capper has egocentric and safe fall (I think). The chaser has lightweight and rage (i think)?

I've been trying to get into a groove on most maps where it is just me moving as fast as possible.

I also like going the jug route with deluxe mortar or MIRV, and either spinfusor or x1. I tend to use nades, but have started using discs off and on.

Then other maps I use brute with either gladiator or disc launcher, and shotgun or pistol. Depending on the map, I'm using either heavy shield or energy pack.

I've also started using raider with shield on maps that have an indoors, and I want to break things. :D

And I've had some fun as an infiltrator too. Or a tech deploying turrets at the enemy base. :D
XMEN Ashaman DTM
Inmate

Oh and forgot to mention, that I try to support other cappers on my team if I'm capping. It's been fun on pubs to coordinate like that; where I run a route perpendicular to the other capper, but I'm not trying to grab, just toss everything I have at the stand. :)