Ready for Tribes in Tribes (and a map discussion)

Come in! Have a margarita or root beer? How about some fresh trout? :)

Moderator: Moderators

Hot Damn
Inmate

Ready for Tribes in Tribes (and a map discussion)

Post by Hot Damn »

I was never the biggest fan of pubs in Tribes, but all pubs all the time so far in Ascend has got me almost to the point of puking. On the plus side, it's given me chances to really concentrate on certain aspects of certain maps.

I'm getting sick of Katabatic and really am semi-lost on what class I really like using now on that map. The gens are hard to defend and keep up reliably, so Tech isn't the best class for the map (even though I LOVE the tech's gun). Sentinel is pretty good on the map (you get 2-4 shots on most cappers moving away) and the claymores are nice on the raised flagstand, but getting/keeping the claymores out without a supply drop pad is a pain and staying alive around the flag with the puny ass pistol they give sentinels is a waste. Playing a Ranger on the flag works, as does Soldier and Pathfinder. All three chase well. Play anything you want on offense. Seriously. It doesn't matter.

Crossfire I LOVE LOVE LOVE Technician, Sentinel, and Ranger for Defense. Technician gun just owns inside the base, and the turrets rape stuff too. Claymores really hurt F2B and B2F cappers and the routes give Sentinels a lot of shots on the cappers (except very outside routes). Ranger playing the flag (even Soldier) with good timing can really hose up cappers. Once you build up tokens tac strikes are easy to do across from base to base (Technicians build up tokens super fast on this map). Play anything you want on offense, but Brutes and their OP grenades, Cloakers, and Raiders work really well in the tight bases. Tanks in the midfield rock too. HO mortar spam is pretty easy to clear off flag areas at range and forces the flag D to unseat easily.

Drydock D is tough. Good Sentinels on the tall towers help, but the map seems to be about your Offense dominating the other teams flag area for extended periods of time. Mortar spam is pretty easy as is disc spam. Gen defense is actually easier on this map than Kata (but not as easy as Crossfire) due to it's proximity to the flag and invens. A HO map if there ever was one, concentrate on dominating them.

You can check out the Bella Omega changes if you do training, but there are more changes coming to it before they put it back in rotation. They moved the flag to the interior (thank god), but now it's on a floating stand?? Sounds like a Technicians dream if you can somehow body block the cappers, but I think its gonna turn into a situation like Drydock where you have to dominate the flag area. The generator location is like 10 miles from the flag though, so forget about turrets saving the day anyway.