Magicka

Talk about games other than Tribes.

Moderator: Moderators

XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Magicka

Post by XMEN Gambit »

I tried the demo, and liked it, so I picked it up from Steam for $10. (D2D has a 20% discount this weekend, I think, too.) The gameplay is clever and the combinations of spells, special spells ("magicks"), and mundane weapons, seem, if not endless, at least to have an excellent variety. It's also chock full of pop culture references and satire. Highlander, Star Wars, Rambo, etc. (Chapter 4 is titled "A New Hope.") I've not tried multiplayer yet but that adds to the variety because you can "cross streams" to boost power or backfire.

I don't know that this is a must-have for everyone, but the demo is worth a shot and it gives a good idea of the rest of the game, at least what I've played.
Starmage21
Inmate

Re: Magicka

Post by Starmage21 »

XMEN Gambit wrote:I tried the demo, and liked it, so I picked it up from Steam for $10. (D2D has a 20% discount this weekend, I think, too.) The gameplay is clever and the combinations of spells, special spells ("magicks"), and mundane weapons, seem, if not endless, at least to have an excellent variety. It's also chock full of pop culture references and satire. Highlander, Star Wars, Rambo, etc. (Chapter 4 is titled "A New Hope.") I've not tried multiplayer yet but that adds to the variety because you can "cross streams" to boost power or backfire.

I don't know that this is a must-have for everyone, but the demo is worth a shot and it gives a good idea of the rest of the game, at least what I've played.
Got this last night in a 4 pack from steam. Played as a party game and it was f-ing awesome. Today I bought the DLCs for myself. The other 3 guys gotta fend for their own. :D
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

Glad you liked it! I haven't picked up any DLC but did quite enjoy it.