Flight Control HD

Talk about games other than Tribes.

Moderator: Moderators

XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Flight Control HD

Post by XMEN Gambit »

This game was on sale yesterday/today on Steam for a couple bucks. I'd seen it before and wondered how the heck they made something like air traffic control seem "fun" and "cutesy" and fit for casual gamers, which is what they were aiming for. There was no demo so I hadn't tried it before but the reviews were good and so I picked it up on the sale.

And they did it, it's cutesy and fun and all that. Spinning Hat, I'd be curious to see what you think. :)

Basically, the game has a set of color-coded runways and helipads in the center. As a colored plane enters from the edge of the screen, you click on it and draw a path to a runway of the correct color. You can re-assign the flight path at any time. The challenge is when more and more planes start coming in at the same time and your task is preventing collisions between them. Some planes are faster or slower than others even if they're the same color. On some maps there are emergency vehicles that assign their own paths and you just have to get everything out of the way. I'm sure there are other tweaks I don't know about yet.
Spinning Hat
Inmate

Post by Spinning Hat »

I've seen it, and seen others like it, and they're fun, and can be very challenging. It's not ATC in it's purest sense, but makes you think like ATC and how to prioritize traffic, and make due with bad situations, and does a good job without making you follow every last rule of the 7110.65
"Never, Never, Never quit." - Winston Churchill
"Men don't like to cuddle. They only cuddle if it leads to.. You know.. Lower cuddling." - Ray Romano
"Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a dump truck." - Ricky, age 10