Went on a cruise recently

Non-'puter stuff. Photography, hot rods, or tropical fish for example

Moderator: Moderators

XMENPorsche
Inmate

Went on a cruise recently

Post by XMENPorsche »

My family and I went on a cruise from July 4 - 11. It was our first ever and we had a blast. We cruise on Carnival out of Galveston into the Western Caribbean. We hit Montego Bay (Jamaica), the Grand Cayman Islands, and Cozumel. Surprisingly, I didn't take that many pictures (only about 150 or so). Here are a few of my favorites.....

Montego Bay - storm coming in, ran back onto the ship long enough to get my camera and get back off to get this shot. Barely got back inside before the skies opened up. Clouds were touched up a little bit using Topaz Adjust in Photoshop.

In Cozumel we took a jet boat out to a private island called, "Passion Island". Another storm was brewing, but it skirted our island without dropping more than about 100 raindrops on us. I spent a little while trying to grab some lightning shots on the horizon. Kind of tough with no tripod, so I tried to stabilize against someone's backpack to run some 1/6 second exposures. Again, minor tweaking to the clouds using Topaz Adjust in Photoshop.

Finally, the obligatory sunset shot. It took me all week to get this one since every evening was overcast at sundown. Almost no editing at all (only minor sharpening in Photoshop)

For the record, I highly recommend Carnival. We'll more than likely be doing another cruise next year.
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

Those look really cool. That topaz adjust makes the colors look like a painting.
Spinning Hat
Inmate

Post by Spinning Hat »

AS always, nice pictures. The Topaz adjust does make it too like a very fine oil painting.. The blue hues on the ship really work in the first photo.
"Never, Never, Never quit." - Winston Churchill
"Men don't like to cuddle. They only cuddle if it leads to.. You know.. Lower cuddling." - Ray Romano
"Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a dump truck." - Ricky, age 10
Jester
Inmate

Post by Jester »

That first photo looks like back drop in COD MW2.