BF Bad Company 2

Talk about games other than Tribes.

Moderator: Moderators

FaLLGuY
Inmate

BF Bad Company 2

Post by FaLLGuY »

I 'm so going to be playing this...... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2NpJHOLyj8

Sweet looking game and the maps are large too unlike CoD4.

UAV gameplay in BF Bad Company 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vu5Cg1-nI8

More UAV===> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChjS3P811N0

More good battles http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jBrlAKUzvA
Last edited by FaLLGuY on Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XMEN_Hammer
Inmate

Post by XMEN_Hammer »

Looks interesting to me.... A possiable buy soon.
Proud member ot the Soup Clan
Proud Member of the XMEN Clan
Proud Member of the Dragon Talon Mercenaries
If you run, you will only die tired.
FaLLGuY
Inmate

Post by FaLLGuY »

Well I'll be playing the Beta of this game tomorrow. :D
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

Let us know how it is. If you need to post in the private section, that's OK. ;)
FaLLGuY
Inmate

Post by FaLLGuY »

XMEN Gambit wrote:Let us know how it is. If you need to post in the private section, that's OK. ;)

This is the map that will be used for beta playing..... Download starts at 11:00 AM today. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WOO97Lc ... embedded[b][/b]

Game play: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9f0t6i5v0FA
BlackRider
Inmate

Post by BlackRider »

Interesting... but it looks like it has the same gameplay "flaw" that lead me to giving away BF2: it takes WAY too many hits to down someone with an assault rifle. I could never kill anyone with less than half a magazine. I would be happy with 3-4 center-mass hits taking down a target (2-3 would be better) but I seem to recall 8-12 being about the norm in BF2. (It's been a while, all I really remember is it was too many for my taste.) I never liked the vehicle gameplay in any of the the BF games and w/ my issues w/ most of the assault weapons, I spent most of my time playing sniper... at least I was good at that. But even sniper rifles are 2 hits (or a HS).

I've always thought that BF games looked so fun... but I hardly ever managed to actually have fun playing them. I mean, they put so much effort into making the game sound/look real and then they put in UT/DOOM/Duke Nukem damage levels. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy arcade shooters... but Battlefield always felt like it had two conflicting goals and the end product always felt... wrong... I mean, if it takes 10-15 rounds to get a kill, don't make me change magazines every 30 rounds. (And don't go bragging about new levels of realism.)

I always thought it would be nice if the server config had a simple damage multiplier. In the original Half-Life (never ran a server for HL2 or CS) there was a server variable for the damage multiplier. My brother and I would set it anywhere from 0.1 to 10x normal damage depending on the pace and feel of the game we wanted. HL DM w/ 10x damage and fast respawns was crazy fun... and 0.1x dmg allowed us to bounce eachother around w/ RPGs for so much longer. :twisted:
FaLLGuY
Inmate

Post by FaLLGuY »

Well the server is overloaded.......lol. I can't even join a game.

Might have to wait a few days. :( They are having lag issues big time and are working on it.
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

And that's why it's a Beta. :)
FaLLGuY
Inmate

Post by FaLLGuY »

Well I played it all night....... Right now its set up as the console not PC supposedly. They will change that when the PC game comes out.

But after playing it I liked it more and more. Lot of changes have to be done but it could be a good game. I don't know yet but I'll see as time goes on.
FaLLGuY
Inmate

Post by FaLLGuY »

I have a extra beta key....... Anyone interested ?????? You can play up to March when the game comes out.

Link to down load beta====> http://www.ausgamers.com/files/details/html/50147

First come first served...... :D
XMEN Iceman

Post by XMEN Iceman »

I am sure that I am going to be buying this...woot...looks awesome.
Spinning Hat
Inmate

Post by Spinning Hat »

What kind of hardware reqs are we looking at FG? I've got some time to kill and could possibly log many hours while i train here in OK...
"Never, Never, Never quit." - Winston Churchill
"Men don't like to cuddle. They only cuddle if it leads to.. You know.. Lower cuddling." - Ray Romano
"Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a dump truck." - Ricky, age 10
FaLLGuY
Inmate

Post by FaLLGuY »

Minimum Frostbite PC Specifications for BFBC2 & BF1943
Processor: Core 2 Duo @ 2.0GHz
Main memory: 2GB
Graphics card: GeForce 7800 GT / ATI X1900
Graphics memory: 256MB
Free HDD space: 15GB for Digital Version, 10GB for Disc Version (BFBC2)
10GB for Digital Version (BF1943)

Recommended Frostbite PC Specifications for BFBC2 & BF1943
Processor: Quadcore
Main memory: 2GB
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 260/ ATI Radeon 4870
Graphics memory: 512MB
Free HDD space: 15GB for Digital Version, 10GB for Disc Version (BFBC2)
10GB for Digital Version (BF1943)

I hear if you have a quad your in better luck for sure. :)
Spinning Hat
Inmate

Post by Spinning Hat »

I've been gaming on my notebook down here, and have a Core 2 Duo @ 2.53GHz, Nvidia 9600M GT 512Mb Card, 4GB RAM, and Vista... plenty O disk space too... Not sure if it would be worthwhile, or If I should wait till release, and build a new system...
"Never, Never, Never quit." - Winston Churchill
"Men don't like to cuddle. They only cuddle if it leads to.. You know.. Lower cuddling." - Ray Romano
"Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a dump truck." - Ricky, age 10
FaLLGuY
Inmate

Post by FaLLGuY »

Spinning Hat wrote:I've been gaming on my notebook down here, and have a Core 2 Duo @ 2.53GHz, Nvidia 9600M GT 512Mb Card, 4GB RAM, and Vista... plenty O disk space too... Not sure if it would be worthwhile, or If I should wait till release, and build a new system...

I dumped the key on someone in a PC forum.........

Your laptop would of sucked....... lol.