Tribes 2 master is gone for good.....BUT!

Come in! Have a margarita or root beer? How about some fresh trout? :)

Moderator: Moderators

FaLLGuY
Inmate

Tribes 2 master is gone for good.....BUT!

Post by FaLLGuY »

Get your Clan tags to work go here ====> http://auth.interhact.net/f/index.php Tribes 2 Bouncer

Tribes 2 server list and info...... http://t2.plugh.us/#howget

Enjoy! :D

T2 will never die! :twisted:

The construction mod guys are also working on a new master server.....info here http://www.tribesnext.com/info[b][/b]
Last edited by FaLLGuY on Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:01 am, edited 3 times in total.
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

Thanks for the tip, FG. I've stickied the topic.
FaLLGuY
Inmate

Post by FaLLGuY »

Also to get your Clan tags to work go here ====> http://auth.interhact.net/f/index.php :D Tribes 2 Bouncer

Also this is so you can register your warrior name to the new master server otherwise your playing as a smurf. :D
XMEN Iceman

Post by XMEN Iceman »

I am confused as to how to get my clan tags working. Advice?
FaLLGuY
Inmate

Post by FaLLGuY »

XMEN Iceman wrote:I am confused as to how to get my clan tags working. Advice?
You talk to Sriker on the Tribes2 Bounce forum and give your warrior name and tell him what clan you were in. He needs to contact the person that started the clan and then he will register you your tags or the clan its self. The new Master does not have the browser so he has to register everyone's warrior names in.

They have instructions on what to do there. :D
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

Ice, I think I registered the clan IIRC. He can email me or whatever. Not sure what email I used.
Spinning Hat
Inmate

Post by Spinning Hat »

Yeah, i am registered, and have my Warrior name authenticated, but didn't gdo anything with the clan tags..
"Never, Never, Never quit." - Winston Churchill
"Men don't like to cuddle. They only cuddle if it leads to.. You know.. Lower cuddling." - Ray Romano
"Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a dump truck." - Ricky, age 10
FaLLGuY
Inmate

Post by FaLLGuY »

-SOUP- is up and running on the forums and server.... :D
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

I saw tribesnext.com listed today on Techdeals.
On November 3rd, 2008 Vivendi shut down the official Tribes 2 listing and authentication servers.

On January 2nd, 2009 we rock.
And then there's the wiki:

http://www.tribes2wiki.com/wiki/Main_Page
The depth of the strategies used by teams in Tribes 2 is something that would make a Halo player's head explode.
Dang, I might just have to reinstall the ol' thing again. There's a lot of newbs out there.

Oh, and the goodness extends further back in time to Tribes 1 with the Tribes 1 Ready-to-run download:
http://www.tribesnext.com/forum/index.php?topic=170.0
Spinning Hat
Inmate

Post by Spinning Hat »

I find it absolutely amazing that there are this many people using their talents to keep this 10+ year old game alive... Amazing. And really freakin cool too.. Who remembers reading all the fiction back in the day? Or talking endlessly about strategy, and scheduling practices? Good times... Man that was a long time ago.
"Men don't like to cuddle. They only cuddle if it leads to.. You know.. Lower cuddling." - Ray Romano
"Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a dump truck." - Ricky, age 10
XMEN Iceman

Post by XMEN Iceman »

I played for a few hours the other night and ran into some OLD friends.

I just need to get my tags back. Rofl...and I started the clan so I have to authenticate myself??? :)
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

I believe I was the one who actually registered the clan in T2, simply because on release day I could get out at midday and immeditely run the registration. (I was taking a J2EE class at the time.) I KNOW that's why I could get my "Gambit" moniker. At the time I registered I think only 6000 players had registered yet. Of course I could be wrong about the clan -- it's been quite a while.
XMEN Iceman

Post by XMEN Iceman »

True...I forgot on T2 you and Porsche almost stayed home that day to pick it up and register us.

Grats! :)
Spinning Hat
Inmate

Post by Spinning Hat »

The guys at TribesNext are up and running, and the master Server is working well. It's a different process to register, and things like the Email and such are disabled.. It's only a 2Mb patch to change the Auth Server, and there are a lot of servers up, and there are still some great players out there. I just logged out after 2 hours of CTF. I haven't sat and played a game for 2 solid hours in months. It's still as fun as I remember, even if I do suck.

And for the record: Gambit DID register XMEN as a clan name, and he and Porsche took 1/2 day off to register and play.

That is all.
CyberJester

Post by CyberJester »

Wait, wait, wait...

Are you guys saying that I can play Tribes 2 again? Are you effen serious?!?

I feel like crying...