Trouble installing Office 2007 :(

Wanna understand E=mc2, English grammer, or maybe just build a computer? We can help!

Moderator: Moderators

BlackRider
Inmate

Trouble installing Office 2007 :(

Post by BlackRider »

I get, Error 1935, and the install halts about 1/2 way through. I tried the official MS fix (reinstall .net framework) w/o any luck and I've tried rebooting w/ "Disable UAC" and no dice there either.

If I can't figure it out tonight, I'll try tomorrow w/ a fresh Vista-64 install... back to googling for answers. :'(

*update*
Well, I give up... time to take the big-hammer approach and do a format/fresh install... nuke it. If that doesn't fix it.... then I'll simply cry like a little baby and go from there.
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

I have a solution for you --

OpenOffice!!
BlackRider
Inmate

Post by BlackRider »

ha, but from what I've read it can't open the .docx that my professors insist on using. :-S
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

Might give it a try. They work very hard to be able to deal with MS's ever-changing formats, and they normally do pretty well though there's some lag. Especially if your next step is formatting anyway.
BlackRider
Inmate

Post by BlackRider »

I formatted and it installed like a charm. Good thing that I keep almost everything on a separate drive/partition from windows... so I hardly have to back up a thing. (But I do have to re-dl over 1.5GB in updates :-S)