2006 Lan Party Planning Commitee

There's nothin' like 0 ping, baby!

Moderator: Moderators

XMEN Iceman

2006 Lan Party Planning Commitee

Post by XMEN Iceman »

Ok guys...if we are going to do this then we need a plan and some volunteers to help. I cannot do most of it like in the past due to my consulting business and children. So if we are really going to do it then let's talk and get something together. We will need this time to organize and communicate the event to our missing/old clan fellows.

So what do we want to do?

We need a location, dates, and communications. We have the wiring, switches, etc. The big deal is a location, tables, chairs, etc.
Spinning Hat
Inmate

Post by Spinning Hat »

Well, first is to see who abouts we're going to get to come down... I mean it is october in Texas, so setting up where someone has a decenct sized garage would be ok for 15 - 20 players. Do you guys have equipment rental places down there? I know up here renting tables/chairs for 20-30 people isn't too bad.
"Never, Never, Never quit." - Winston Churchill
"Men don't like to cuddle. They only cuddle if it leads to.. You know.. Lower cuddling." - Ray Romano
"Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a dump truck." - Ricky, age 10
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

Dates: October 13-15. (22nd is my daughter's birthday, so bad weekend there.)

We can do some signups and such with web pages, implement a tell-a-friend button on the signup page, and automatically email all board members. Oh, and PayPal link of course. :) I can do that.

Location, tables, chairs, I'm lost on at the moment. Porsche had said we could still approach the Lighthouse about it, and it does have an excellent location for most. Not for Ice or Hammer tho.
XMEN Iceman

Post by XMEN Iceman »

Location does not bug me at all. I am planning on moving to South Arlington anyway. :)
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

So we're going to be neighbors? Um, have you improved your bathing habits yet?

j/k ;)

Seriously, there are a lot of homes in our neighborhood up for sale/rent, should you be so inclined.
XMEN_Hammer
Inmate

Post by XMEN_Hammer »

I can tell you now that I'm not that excited aout the ideal, unless theres gonna be some set games. last time there was to many side games that many people didn't have. So games would consist of only5-7 peeps at most. Ack :? not much fun really. just my 2 pennies worth. Plus works a BITCH right now, I've got one house remodle thats gonna take me ,hmmmmm, at least 9 more months to get done with..
Proud member ot the Soup Clan
Proud Member of the XMEN Clan
Proud Member of the Dragon Talon Mercenaries
If you run, you will only die tired.
XMEN Ashaman DTM
Inmate

Post by XMEN Ashaman DTM »

I'd really like to go. But I don't think it will happen for me this year (again! >: )

Work is supposed to get really stressful late summer / early fall for me. I'm doing the work of two people right now, and training someone (who is actually my new lead because I didn't want the job). She's the lead so she's got to know how everything works, AND deal with the idiots/asshats/and the BS that I didn't want to deal with. Heh.
X Rogue
Inmate

Post by X Rogue »

There's a nice 3 bedroom across the street from us for 117, Ice. :) decent yard too.

We got some room at our place, and the whole house is networked. Just saying it's cool with me to have it here, just so no one gets paranoid. Only problem I can see is we have cat and dog hair.
BlackRider
Inmate

Post by BlackRider »

I'm interested, as always, but there's still the whole Ohio to Texas... "thing"... let's hope that I have a reliable car by then. :)
DarkKnife
Inmate

She sighed

Post by DarkKnife »

Mrs. DK sighed and rolled her eyes at the prospect but said ok!! :)
I have a friend that wants to come. As for games my votes for BF 2, (BF 2142 if it makes it), T2 of course, Unreal (whatever the latest one is), and maybe Americas Army (only because its free). Well thats my vote and the 13th of October seems fine by me.
X Rogue
Inmate

Post by X Rogue »

So bring her with you. She might think LANs were fun.
Spinning Hat
Inmate

Post by Spinning Hat »

I'm bringing my GF with me to the LAN.. :D I like T2, BF2, and some strategy game (Civ IV? Those games can be long and fun.. :) )
"Men don't like to cuddle. They only cuddle if it leads to.. You know.. Lower cuddling." - Ray Romano
"Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a dump truck." - Ricky, age 10
Spinning Hat
Inmate

Post by Spinning Hat »

One more thing: 117K for a house in your neighborhood Gambit? That is insanely cheap.. How many Sq ft? I've been looking up here, and to live in something decent, it's at least 160k, and it's only 900-1000 sq ft...
XMEN Iceman

Post by XMEN Iceman »

Rofl...that is why we like living down here.

I sold my 2000sq ft home with 1/2 acre, swimming pool, etc. last year for $159,000. Try to buy that anywhere else for that price. :)

Sucks though...I am now trying to buy a 14-1600sq ft house for around $100k. There are some around, just hate paying taxes.
Spinning Hat
Inmate

Post by Spinning Hat »

doesn't everuyone hate paying taxes?