can i join?

Check here if you want to join the XMEN

Moderator: Moderators

Gambit

can i join?

Post by Gambit »

can i join this clan? i play battlefield 1942 all the time :D
Last edited by Gambit on Sat Jan 15, 2005 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

Well, probably. We'll have to do something about our name conflict, of course.... :)

Actually we need to get our "application blurb" moved over from the old board, but until then:

Know that we are not a clan that emphasizes mad skillz. For us, what makes you a person is more important than whether you're able to be part of a ladder-climbing machine. A sense of humor of some form is definitely a requirement with this crew. Meeting defeat gracefully (note I didn't say "accepting" defeat!) is much better than winning at all costs. We'll remind you from time to time that Real Life (tm) comes first, and if your job or family or schoolwork is suffering because of your online activities, you should probably back off a little or take a break.

So, how do we get a feel for you personally?

We have to get to know you. We'd like to see more of you in this forum. We'd like to see you at least a couple times in-game, be it '42 or Tribes or whatever. Probably the easiest way to see you in-game is for you to get an Xfire account and use it so we can find you. For forum time, you can start by telling us a little bit about yourself. Specific personal details can be skipped, of course, though we DO want to know your age. (Don't worry; we will treat you like a kid if you act like one, but we won't just because you're young.) We'd like to know your interests, what bugs you, what you think of yourself and others.

And of course, the all-important question of why you'd want to join us.

How's that for homework? :)

In spite of the lecture, we're glad to see you, and you're welcome to hang around regardless of membership status.
Gambit

Post by Gambit »

ok, and i will get a xfire account ASAP :D
Last edited by Gambit on Sat Jan 15, 2005 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
XMEN_Hammer
Inmate

Post by XMEN_Hammer »

OHhhhhhh freash meat :twisted:
Proud member ot the Soup Clan
Proud Member of the XMEN Clan
Proud Member of the Dragon Talon Mercenaries
If you run, you will only die tired.
Spinning Hat
Inmate

Post by Spinning Hat »

Don't mind Hammer.. He falls of roofs for fun, and he can't spell too good. :lol:
"Never, Never, Never quit." - Winston Churchill
"Men don't like to cuddle. They only cuddle if it leads to.. You know.. Lower cuddling." - Ray Romano
"Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a dump truck." - Ricky, age 10
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

He'll smack you around in Tribes though, and his kids will, too. :D
Spinning Hat
Inmate

Post by Spinning Hat »

Yes they will...
"Men don't like to cuddle. They only cuddle if it leads to.. You know.. Lower cuddling." - Ray Romano
"Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a dump truck." - Ricky, age 10
Gambit

Post by Gambit »

Spinning Hat wrote: he can't spell too good. :lol:
yea, my mind thinks faster than i type, and i type pretty fast lol
-Remy-Lebeau-

Post by -Remy-Lebeau- »

i would join except this place looks like a canadian s*** hole.....i hate canada andd your not active, and you sound like a bunch of people at school that made this for fun...

*edited for language - G *
meh meh meh fu fu fu!
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

I don't think you were asked. :)

BTW, I'm editing your post. We don't put up with that sort of language on here, as we do have minor members. Especially from someone who goes to the trouble to register an account but not to capitalize, doesn't know the difference between "your" and "you're," and can't figure out from various places here that while we do have some Canadian members we are based right here in the heart of the USA.

You're intentionally not being banned - yet. I am curious why you'd bother to comment at all. I assume the same impulse will bring you back to see what sort of reaction you've provoked.
-BEAST-

Post by -BEAST- »

Rooster says: "You just got pwned by Gambit...."
XMEN Ashaman DTM
Inmate

Post by XMEN Ashaman DTM »

Hah! What a freak.

At least we aren't whiny little bitches that come to other peoples' forums just to criticize that forum.
Sharpster
Inmate

Post by Sharpster »

-Remy-Lebeau- wrote:i would join except this place looks like a canadian s*** hole.....i hate canada andd your not active, and you sound like a bunch of people at school that made this for fun...

*edited for language - G *
We just got .. - 0nwz0red (<--- somthing to sound cool ) by some retard that comes around and insults forums :( *crys*

IMO he sounds like he more Canadian then us.. Lebeau sounds french.. but maybe that is just me...
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

Sharp, "Remy LeBeau" is the real name of the comic-book XMEN character "Gambit." And he's from New Orleans, which explains the French origin of the name.
Spinning Hat
Inmate

Post by Spinning Hat »

I kinda like it when peeps come over here and try to flame us in some way, cuz they get no real reaction, and I think it ruins their day. :D