Training

Stories of your exploits - real, embroidered, or just plain made-up.

Moderator: Moderators

Sir Diesal0t

Training

Post by Sir Diesal0t »

I never did finish working on a story but i basically got the intro down which explains the setting... kinda.. and if you use your immagination you can see some of the drama it may point to. if you wanna use the concept go ahead cuz it won't stop me from making mine eventually (maybe years down the road yet, who knows. lol)<br><br>even the intro isn't done yet. but i was kinda thinking that this same idea of the virtual reality/ server set-up ended up being used by the empire on one of their safe worlds or something as a sort of sport. and some of the great dudes from that sport meet up with rogue people from one of the tribes.. and well... the only reason i give you these spoilers is cuz i'm not sure how long before i actually write it.<br><br>_________________________________________<br><br>Tribes Armor Battle Training<br>Each warrior must go through basic training, which is similar to your current concept of military basic training including basic weapons training. After basics comes primaries, which is a general introduction to the usage and basic tactics of each armor class. Each warrior may indicate which armors they liked the best and what sort of duties they like to perform.<br> <br>After the Instructors have reviewed each warrior’s requests, proficiency records from basics and primaries and considered the needs of the army, every individual warrior receives their specialty training assignments. These special trainings are much more in depth and do much more to equip a warrior for real battle. Individual warriors may be trained in several specialties if they prove to be proficient enough to learn and pass tests more quickly than the other warriors. If a warrior does not become skilled enough in the specialty or specialties assigned to them, they may try other specialties or just go through the cycle again until they can pass the tests. The specialty certifications a warrior has earned will determine the focus of their roles in the next phase of training. <br><br>Tribes armor battle training is done with a virtual reality server and a transparent screen on the inside of a warriors goggles. The Server calculates a warrior’s position very accurately so as to display the virtual reality AI and warfare overlain on the actual terrain. The server can be set to many different modes of training, maps, and AI settings, which include enemy intelligence, strength, speed and weapons. An server administrator can also use the server to specify things like how much ammunition everyone has, the number of enemies, whether a warrior can fight again before the battle is over. Whether or not a warrior’s armor will lock up in calculated damaged areas. The server, unfortunately, is also able to be hacked by pro and sometimes semi-pro hackers, as is the database in the training complex which keeps profiles on each warrior and video/audio files of all the training, proficiency ratings, classes and discussions that each warrior has had.<br> <p></p><i></i>