Mad Max Fury Road

Come in! Have a margarita or root beer? How about some fresh trout? :)

Moderator: Moderators

XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Mad Max Fury Road

Post by XMEN Gambit »

So, this weekend I watched the new MM movie. Like other MM movies, it's a huge mind-boggling cinematic spectacle and doesn't depend on the others. It's the first one I've seen in theater. If you like MM, you'll like Fury Road. I now have an urge to go back and play Fallout 3 (actually, to finish New Vegas).

Spoilers below, just in case.

So, the last 5-15 minutes didn't feel much like a MM movie. It seemed too optimistic. Remember the end of Road Warrior where the tanker he fought so hard for turned out to be a decoy? Remember the end of Mad Max where his knee was horribly wounded (speaking of - continuity issue?) and we had the whole "what now?" True that at the end of Thunderdome the kids had an optimistic ending, but Max wasn't part of that or even really knew about it. Maybe Miller's softened up a little.

When Max was fussing over the wounded Furiousa and mumbling "no.." and the like, I caught vocal undertones of Bane's voice from Dark Knight Rises and that was.... disturbing.

I was saddened to see the end of the Interceptor. I so loved that car and its nifty supercharger.