Parabolic: Beta Readers

Stories of your exploits - real, embroidered, or just plain made-up.

Moderator: Moderators

Ambush Bug
Inmate

Parabolic: Beta Readers

Post by Ambush Bug »

OK, folks, I'm buckling down and writing a damn novel this time...one I intend to finish in a proper amount of time and maybe publish Fo' Realz.

What's the novel about? It's not about Tribes, though it has plenty of references to Tribes, and Robert A. Heinlein, and John Steakley, and some Lauren Faust, just to even things out. It's a novel that encompasses a lot of things, but the main thrust of the narrative is how our society might react to Real Life Powered Armor(tm).

That's right, I'm pulling a Ray Bradbury. Power Armor is the next Ferguson, and I'm writing about it. I may end up being wrong, but dammit, someone's gotta talk about this and I intend to be That Guy(tm),

If you want to read it, come to my Facebook page and IM me about it. You want in, send me a friend request and I'll happily invite you. If you can't do FB, let me know, I'll arrange something.

If you want to read it, be warned that I tackle some fairly serious subjects in the process of discussing powered armor. If Desecration had a PG-13 rating for the blood, Parabolic dips right into R territory for its frank discussions on sexual assault, among other subjects. Mind, I don't go into frenetic detail about particular incidents, but there's plenty of implication if you read between the lines.

You'll find some familiar names in there--Morgis Hammersteel and Rosaline Underwood, to name two--but they're different from their depiction in Desecration. Underwood is borderline mental and Hammersteel is basically a warning letter to myself on how not to act when I'm 80 like he is.

That said, I think it's a good story and that people will like reading it, particularly if I can pull off the necessary feats of writing to complete it. There may be parts of Parabolic that leave a dirty taste in people's mouths, but that's kind of the intent.

---

All that said, I need beta readers. People that are willing to read and then comment. Tell me what they didn't like and why, tell me what they did like and why. If you're willing to do that, follow the links and IM me.