Nilk's edumication fun and stuff

Non-'puter stuff. Photography, hot rods, or tropical fish for example

Moderator: Moderators

Nilk
Inmate

Nilk's edumication fun and stuff

Post by Nilk »

Howdy,

I've been working on an AS in Computer Engineering Tech with a specialization in Cysbersecurity/Digital Forensics.

This degree wraps up at the end of the Fall Semester.

Thing is, not long ago they changed our catalogue to include a new Digital Forensics Technical Certificate and we got out of about 6 hours of electrical engineering courses, while keeping the same initial degree. I switched to the new Catalog and Assigned the Digital Forensics TC as my Secondary Major.

Cutting some horribly bad Program Advisor advice and misinformation, I learned that the Technical Certificate could not qualify for Financial Aid, until it had reached a certain number of graduates within a year period. Unfortunately without Financial Aid, no one was able to attend the necessary class and the TC was killed.

The Program Director has given me an out. He will either let me take an online course or even an in-school course, that is even close to relevant to Digital Forensics, and he will grant me the TC. The fun part being that neither of these options would qualify for Financial Aid, but I'll keep it as a future probability.

At this point I have my single course (Cyber Security Capstone) to complete my primary major and have found a second course that fits into 2 other specializations that I have as options for my secondary major.

It's basically between a Specialization in Cisco Administration or Windows Administration.

They both will take me 6 additional course hours to complete (one more semester) and I'm leaning towards Cisco Administration. Since Windows Administration includes training in SQL Server, are there any reasons that Windows would absolutely be the better option?

Please let me know that answer or even opine with any input.

It'd be greatly appreciated!