what the....?

Wanna understand E=mc2, English grammer, or maybe just build a computer? We can help!

Moderator: Moderators

Jester
Inmate

what the....?

Post by Jester »

Someone help me out. These appear to be the same card. How does the price range from $160 to $400?

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&rlz=1C2CHF ... 40&bih=785
Spinning Hat
Inmate

Post by Spinning Hat »

No dice on that link man.. do you have a different one?
"Never, Never, Never quit." - Winston Churchill
"Men don't like to cuddle. They only cuddle if it leads to.. You know.. Lower cuddling." - Ray Romano
"Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a dump truck." - Ricky, age 10
Jester
Inmate

Post by Jester »

hrm..

cut and paste "gtx 560 ti 2gb gainward" into google shopping

have to search it, then hit shopping middle left side..
Spinning Hat
Inmate

Post by Spinning Hat »

I think based on the sellers I found, the cheap ones might be a gray market, or OEM type deal, and probably not covered by any warranty. Then there's the 1GB cards for ~$229, and the 2GB are $350-400. That's what it looks like to me. If you go for the super cheap one, buyer beware.
"Men don't like to cuddle. They only cuddle if it leads to.. You know.. Lower cuddling." - Ray Romano
"Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a dump truck." - Ricky, age 10
Jester
Inmate

Post by Jester »

yeah. crazy price diff. But for 300 bucks off may be worth if it the site has a return policy.
Spinning Hat
Inmate

Post by Spinning Hat »

If they do, sure. I mean the stuff is probably the real deal, just not legit. Like when I buy camera lenses, I only buy Nikon USA stuff, because the grey market lenses are cheaper, but have no warranty because they weren't imported by Nikon..