A few recent pics.....

Non-'puter stuff. Photography, hot rods, or tropical fish for example

Moderator: Moderators

XMENPorsche
Inmate

A few recent pics.....

Post by XMENPorsche »

Hanging around Six Flags the other night. I've been wanting to shoot the observation tower for a long time.

This is an HDR image of the Dallas Cowboys Stadium in Arlington.

Shot this a week or two ago. It was taken with my new 200-400 f/4 VR along with my 1.4x TC.

Finally, speaking of the new lens setup, here's the full moon from New Years Eve.

Sharpster
Inmate

Post by Sharpster »

Absolutely love that stadium picture!
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

mmm, mmmmmoooon pics.

I read somewhere that craters are always round, no matter the angle of impact. Not sure about that but interesting trivia.

I also like the stadium pic. And Hat, that thing is a huge beast. Not been inside yet but I've driven by it.
XMENPorsche
Inmate

Post by XMENPorsche »

I had a copy of the stadium pic done as a 16x20 on metallic paper. It absolutely rocks. I'm in the process of trying to contact the Cowboys Marketing Department to see if there might be an interest my selling the copyright to them.
BlackRider
Inmate

Post by BlackRider »

This is one of the things I really want to do when I get a long enough lens. I really want to redo my lunar eclipse series with a lens that can fill the entire frame with the moon. I don't remember what I used for the last one but the moon was so heavily cropped (and my tripod so wobbly) that I simply could not get the detail I wanted.

Everybody seems to like the stadium the best but my favorite is the first moon picture.
Spinning Hat
Inmate

Post by Spinning Hat »

I love the moon pics, but I think the Stadium pic is the best of the bunch. The HDR and vivid colors are very nice.
"Never, Never, Never quit." - Winston Churchill
"Men don't like to cuddle. They only cuddle if it leads to.. You know.. Lower cuddling." - Ray Romano
"Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a dump truck." - Ricky, age 10
XMEN Ashaman DTM
Inmate

Post by XMEN Ashaman DTM »

What I like about the first moon pic is the detail around Mare Humorum (Sea of Moisture) near the shadowed part. Plus it's interesting because apparently from you all's latitude in Texas, the "down" part of the moon in the picture is actually the SE quadrant of the side of the moon that faces us.

Pretty neat picture of the stadium though. ;)
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

XMEN Ashaman DTM wrote:Plus it's interesting because apparently from you all's latitude in Texas, the "down" part of the moon in the picture is actually the SE quadrant of the side of the moon that faces us.
Er, that doesn't make much sense - why would it rotate CCW based on latitude? But the moon "wobbles" a little bit from side to side over time, showing a little more of the left or right sides. That might be responsible for some of what you're seeing.
XMEN Ashaman DTM
Inmate

Post by XMEN Ashaman DTM »

Oh yes, it is. It's just more apparent at latitudes closer to the equator.