Flowers

Non-'puter stuff. Photography, hot rods, or tropical fish for example

Moderator: Moderators

Spinning Hat
Inmate

Flowers

Post by Spinning Hat »

I was out in the garden today, and was struck by some of the great blooms we've got in our yard. So, I grabbed the camera, and tooks some pics. I posted them to my Shutterfly share site, and these are straight from the camera with nothing done. :D Enjoy.

http://gardernflowers.shutterfly.com/
"Never, Never, Never quit." - Winston Churchill
"Men don't like to cuddle. They only cuddle if it leads to.. You know.. Lower cuddling." - Ray Romano
"Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a dump truck." - Ricky, age 10
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Re: Flowers

Post by XMEN Gambit »

Yer such a softie. Of course my first reaction to this
Spinning Hat wrote:I was out in the garden today, and was struck by some of the great blooms we've got in our yard.
was, "did they hurt you?" :lol

Seriously, you have some great pictures there and must have a nice garden. The water droplets is always a nice effect. Nice DOF on that one lily(?) too. Looks like you handled the full sun pretty well; other options would include a diffuser of some sort or waiting until earlier or later in the day when the light was softer. Also you didn't just shoot straight into the blooms!

PS - your spelling. Album is labeled "gardeRn flowers"
Spinning Hat
Inmate

Post by Spinning Hat »

I didn't even notice the spelling.. LOL Thanks for the comments. :D The flowers just happened to catch me when i was outside and I grabbed the camera. I don't own a diffuser or anything, so I just went with a fast shutter and wide open aperture. :D The shade shots I went with a deeper DOF, and got more of the flowers in the mix.

Thanks about the garden. This has been a labor of love for several years now, and we're the only people on our street with a garden and landscaping.. We spend more time and money on the outside of the house than we do the inside I think. :o
"Men don't like to cuddle. They only cuddle if it leads to.. You know.. Lower cuddling." - Ray Romano
"Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a dump truck." - Ricky, age 10
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

Don't need to own a diffuser for your backyard. A white bedsheet or thin pillowcase between the sun and your target = instant diffuser. Just need an extra pair of hands.
Spinning Hat
Inmate

Post by Spinning Hat »

Ahh.. Good idea. :D