Hahahaha.... medium format, here I am!

Non-'puter stuff. Photography, hot rods, or tropical fish for example

Moderator: Moderators

BlackRider
Inmate

Hahahaha.... medium format, here I am!

Post by BlackRider »

For $2 + film!!! I picked up my Brownie box camera last week and finally started scanning some of the images I captured.

Here's the first one that's somewhat done:
ss: unk ap: unk ISO: 160 (color Kodak film if you read the top of the frame)

Not bad for a ~70 year old camera!
Spinning Hat
Inmate

Post by Spinning Hat »

Wow.. B&W works really well for your subject there.. nice work!
"Never, Never, Never quit." - Winston Churchill
"Men don't like to cuddle. They only cuddle if it leads to.. You know.. Lower cuddling." - Ray Romano
"Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a dump truck." - Ricky, age 10
BlackRider
Inmate

Post by BlackRider »

heh, thanks... you know, scanned at 2400 dpi it was a 61mp image! (and my scanner can do up to 4800 dpi!)

All I have to do now is to figure out how to fix the color temp. so I can get the color version up.
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

Lot of folks used Brownies. And medium format can do some interesting things for your pics. Try taking the same photo with the medium and your 35mm equivalent, and compare the results.

Nifty purchase!
TimberWolf
Inmate

Post by TimberWolf »

Nice view of Scott Labs, just backwards. One of these days we should meet since I can see your visiting my main building already. Also this is my last quarter at OSU as I'm graduating this December with a bachelors degree.
BlackRider
Inmate

Post by BlackRider »

heh, yeah it's very backwards! I couldn't find my MF film holder and was more concerned with getting the frame straight than checking orientation.

Yeah, I'll IM you next time you're on and maybe we can meet. Oh, and lucky you! You get to graduate! Congrats!