I saw a football game on TV once...

Non-'puter stuff. Photography, hot rods, or tropical fish for example

Moderator: Moderators

BlackRider
Inmate

I saw a football game on TV once...

Post by BlackRider »

...but I'd never been to one before... so guess where my editor sent me Saturday!!! Click Here!!!
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

Caption #25: "What interference?" ;)
Spinning Hat
Inmate

Post by Spinning Hat »

Those are some pretty good shots. Some could stand to be cropped a bit, but overall, they capture the action of the game very well. :D I can't wait till the Gopers Stadium is done.. Football will bwe back on Campus in 2009! w00t!
"Never, Never, Never quit." - Winston Churchill
"Men don't like to cuddle. They only cuddle if it leads to.. You know.. Lower cuddling." - Ray Romano
"Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a dump truck." - Ricky, age 10
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

I would add that the horizon needs to be leveled on a lot of those. Either when you take the shot or in post.
BlackRider
Inmate

Post by BlackRider »

yep, yep, I know. ;)

They're actually up there for my editor and I don't know what kind of crop he'll want so I put them up unedited. As far as crooked horizons, a number of them were shot "from the hip" because I was having difficulty following the action through the view finder. I'll have to better learn how the game flows. :-S
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

Well, you did pretty well even so. There's some gems in there.
BlackRider
Inmate

Post by BlackRider »

Yeah... too bad I can't sell 'em...... :roll:

Now if only I had some "gems" in my art section... maybe I'll find some time to get some pics this Sunday. :wink:
XMENPorsche
Inmate

Post by XMENPorsche »

Wow, BR - you're really getting good! Lots of nice work here. Of course, I'm jealous of your being able to shoot from the sidelines. What lens did you use?
BlackRider
Inmate

Post by BlackRider »

TY Porsche! I used my 70-200 2.8 w/ & w/o my 2x TC. (If the image is sharp... then w/o :wink: ) I rly want a 400 2.8, but there's no way I could afford it until a few years after I get out of college. :? (And even that was too short for some, I saw a lot of 1.4x TCs on the 400mm's.)

I'm just happy my keeper ratio's going up for sports... I think I'm averaging nearly 12% now! (insert rly geeky emoticon here)