No votes
New computer
40%

Total votes: 5

BlackRider
Inmate

Selling a car... what toy to buy?

Post by BlackRider »

Now that my MR2 is up and running again, it is time to reconsider selling it.

I've always wanted a bike and have been considering the Kawasaki Ninja 500R.
You all should know the Canon 1D.
I've been having a strange urge to go sailing... and the Sunfish look to be lots of fun... and I could tow it with the Miata!
Finally, I've been thinking it's time for a new PC... this one's as old as Half-Life 2 and it's really beginning to show its age.
Spinning Hat
Inmate

Post by Spinning Hat »

buy the camera. You don't need to insure it, it doesn't need gas, and for what you'll spend on a camera, you should be able to buy an upgrade or two for that PC of yours. ;)
"Never, Never, Never quit." - Winston Churchill
"Men don't like to cuddle. They only cuddle if it leads to.. You know.. Lower cuddling." - Ray Romano
"Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a dump truck." - Ricky, age 10
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

You want to go sailing, but it's just kind of an urge? Rent or find a buddy who has one until you're sure. And in that case, you'll probably want more than a Sunfish. :)
BlackRider
Inmate

Post by BlackRider »

hehe, true about the sailing. That's why I'm taking an introductory sailing class mid-september.

Hat, I guess I should mention that the boat & the bike would be used (so would a refurbished 1D). Bike = appx. $2500, boat = appx. $1500, camera = appx. $3300. So the camera is the most expensive option on the list... unless I start looking at used Lasers or Vanguard 15's...