Non-'puter stuff. Photography, hot rods, or tropical fish for example

Moderator: Moderators

BlackRider
Inmate

Columbus Zoo (again)

Post by BlackRider »

Check out pages 3 & 4 on my SmugMug...

...or I'll bop you!

Technical notes: I still have to even out the saturation and a few of the images are a little cyan. (It seems 90% of my images could use a little magenta.)
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

Some of those are avatars waiting to be used. Like, say, #37.
BlackRider
Inmate

Post by BlackRider »

Who are you calling a monkey?! :lol:
Spinning Hat
Inmate

Post by Spinning Hat »

Excellent shots. :D I went to the MN Zoo a couple weeks ago and it was overcast and gross, and couldn't get a damn thing worth using. Biggest issue is the light... I REALLY need to invest in some new glass, but getting it past the wife is another story...
"Never, Never, Never quit." - Winston Churchill
"Men don't like to cuddle. They only cuddle if it leads to.. You know.. Lower cuddling." - Ray Romano
"Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a dump truck." - Ricky, age 10
BlackRider
Inmate

Post by BlackRider »

Start taking her picture every time you see her... tell her you'll stop if she lets you get some fast glass. *hint* Make sure you use FLASH! 8)

My 70-200 2.8 is getting to the point where it's the only lens I use anymore... esp paired w/ a 2x tc and a set of extension tubes... it can do almost anything! (It'd be nice to have a fast wideangle, but I wouldn't use it enough to justify the cost.)
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

I recently visited the aircraft carrier - now museum - USS Lexington in Corpus Christi. I knew space would be tight but I knew I wanted lots of picutres, so I rented a Canon 10-22 to put on my 20D. It was amazing. I absolutely loved it! So now I really really want a nice wide angle lens. I won't hijack this thread with my pics, so I'll start a new one... see the "USS Lexington" topic. :)