A little bit of Dannica Patrick and Robbie Knievel

Non-'puter stuff. Photography, hot rods, or tropical fish for example

Moderator: Moderators

XMENPorsche
Inmate

A little bit of Dannica Patrick and Robbie Knievel

Post by XMENPorsche »

Gambino and I went to the Bombardier 500 Indy race at Texas Motor Speedway on Saturday. Here are a few of Dannica Patrick, and then one of Kaptain Robbie Knievel.

XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

Man, I do like that Knieval shot. Shoulda stuck with you when you went over to the grass section. Me = jealous.
XMEN Ashaman DTM
Inmate

Post by XMEN Ashaman DTM »

You introduced the pictures... except I was looking at the one at the top with just the car and I said to myself, "Can she see over the steering wheel?"

Then I lol'ed and realized that it was just her car. :D

Dannica Patrick is a cutie, and I bet she is just as mean on the track as everyone else.
Spinning Hat
Inmate

Post by Spinning Hat »

Danica = Yummy. :D She's a great race Driver, that's for sure. It just seems that in Indy it's all about the car than the driver, since they're designed to be aerodynamically independent, and normally bad things happen when they get too close.

As for the Kinevil shot: Great one. The crowd blur is awesome and give a real feeling of fast motion. :D Great shots Porsche.
"Never, Never, Never quit." - Winston Churchill
"Men don't like to cuddle. They only cuddle if it leads to.. You know.. Lower cuddling." - Ray Romano
"Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a dump truck." - Ricky, age 10
XMENPorsche
Inmate

Post by XMENPorsche »

XMEN Ashaman DTM wrote:You introduced the pictures... except I was looking at the one at the top with just the car and I said to myself, "Can she see over the steering wheel?"

Then I lol'ed and realized that it was just her car. :D
I don't care who you are, that's funny right there.

As for Dannica.... I don't think she's that great of a driver. Heck, she's only won one race. However, she's a LOT easier on the eyes than any other Indy car driver.

Gambino - did you get any shots of Knievel's jump? I remember sitting in the restaurant talking to Gambit when I started discussing shooting the jump with a fast shutter to freeze the action, or to do a motion blur with a slow shutter. Glad I went this way. I think that if I had shot him with a fast shutter he would have been lost in the background. As it is he stands out nicely.

Thanks for the feedback, all.
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

THIS is the best shot I have of ol' Robby:

Because people like THESE were standing on the pit wall and I couldn't see through 'em. That's why I'm annoyed I didn't stick with you. :(

However, I did get a really good shot of Tony Kanaan (#11) with his team:

And here's Danica getting built into her car. Seriously, if you've never seen these drivers, they climb in to a half-built cockpit and the crew adds all kinds of hardware (like the steering wheel, but that's one of the last things) after.

BTW, some good pics of her:
http://www.peakantifreeze.com/danica_fanpage.html
ATF Ravok
Inmate

Post by ATF Ravok »

Danica is in this year's SI swimsuit issue. She's kinda cute, but its been so long since I saw an Indy race that for the life of me, I don't know what driver I would pick these days.

"Your link to missing links."
Spinning Hat
Inmate

Post by Spinning Hat »

Speaking of Hot female race car drivers, take a look at Ashley Force. :) It's hard to imagine someone that pretty came from a guy as ugly as her father.. :lol:
"Never, Never, Never quit." - Winston Churchill
"Men don't like to cuddle. They only cuddle if it leads to.. You know.. Lower cuddling." - Ray Romano
"Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a dump truck." - Ricky, age 10
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

Hat likes "fast" women. ;)