Natalie - another KMH session

Non-'puter stuff. Photography, hot rods, or tropical fish for example

Moderator: Moderators

XMENPorsche
Inmate

Natalie - another KMH session

Post by XMENPorsche »

Still working on learning the KMH style of headshot photography. (KMH style headshots are basically nothing more than totally natural light, one reflector, and a very shallow DOF. These were shot in my garage.) Still got a bit of a ways to go (IMHO) and practice makes perfect. Natalie is a co-worker of mine and she has very little experience in front of the lens, but she loves to do the sessions. Here are a few from today's efforts. As always, C&C welcome.

The processing was a bit different on this one. In my mind I can see the effect that I'm going for. This is my first attempt at it, which is nowhere close. However, here it is anyway.

XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

These look good! The only really noteworthy nit I've got is the funny catchlights in her eyes due to the garage environment. Looks like you had your back to the open door and so she was looking out; would it make sense to turn her 90-degrees and put the reflector ion her other side?

Then again, take this free c&c for what it's worth; I've never done this and that may mess you all up. :)

Looks like the levels/curves adjustment is a little off, too. Probably her hair and eyes skewing the reading a little. It looks fine, just doesn't have your normal saturated contrasty punch.