The Longshot

Stories of your exploits - real, embroidered, or just plain made-up.

Moderator: Moderators

ATF Ravok
Inmate

The Longshot

Post by ATF Ravok »

Game: Tribes 1
Map: The hilly, winter one with two bases at the opposing sides. The classic ski-map| O-sniper map.

So here I was trying to learn how to snipe, because traditionally I am very bad at it. I can't hit a moving target with the rifle for some reason, and most players don't stop and wait for me to zap em.

Well, one thing I could do was ski. I knew the ski-routes backwards and forwards, and I wanted to use this map to test my ability to snipe because the skiing is a bit predictable on this one.

Well, here comes the classic sideswipe. Not the swipe from the back of the base like I had hoped for; but I will try to get him. I shoot, and miss him; he takes the flag and flies right over my head.

Now this is where skiing knowledge comes in handy.

The skiing capper flies off into the mountains behind me, and I have to track him as my rifle recharges its energy. I take my best guess at him, and follow his route with my rifle. "Let's see," I thought "He should be coming down the mountain now; and right about .... THERE." I fire the weapon into the fog, and hear the flag drop with a loud, "BING!"

Now, that is a base to base shot; in complete fog; with only a hint of a guess where the capper should be. BUT - I got him!

However, there was no one chasing him . . . as usual for Longshot then and now, the end result of the match is the same - another foe picks up the downed flag, and the contest is ended in a typical overwhelming loss.

~The End.

"Your link to missing links."
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

You win if you can pull off the miraculous consistently. But then it's not miraculous and we don't appreciate it. ;)

Treasure the moment!