The XMEN Clan Forums Forum Index The XMEN Clan Forums
For the XMEN and friends

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist    Usergroups Usergroups   CalendarCalendar  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Forum registration - READ ME

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The XMEN Clan Forums Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:11 am    Post subject: Forum registration - READ ME Reply with quote

I have removed auto-registration capabilities due to the incredible amount of spammers and the associated maintenance headaches. Instead of the confirmation email sent to the registree, it is sent to me directly. I will approve forum registration when you also send a follow up email to me, using my gambit "at" xmenclan "dot" org address.

Registed accounts will remain unactivated (and thus unable to post) until the followup email is received.

Thank you, that is all. Smile

=The Management=
Inmate

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Registed accounts will remain unactivated (and thus unable to post) until the followup email is received.

do you mean "UN"registered?
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not exactly. When a potential forum member submits the form, it creates a row in the members table, but is flagged as inactive. When I acknowledge the automated email, the flag is changed to active.

I just chose to call an account "registered" when the row is created.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The XMEN Clan Forums Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: