2006 Lan Party Planning Commitee

There's nothin' like 0 ping, baby!

Moderator: Moderators

XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

Dude.

I have a bit larger (and thus more expensive) house than mentioned above, but didn't pay much more for it since I bought it in 1999. Having said that, my insurance which is due this month is about 1900, and prop taxes were about 5600 and were due in Jan.

The plus side is that we get to deduct the property tax from federal income tax. It helps.
XMEN Ashaman DTM
Inmate

Post by XMEN Ashaman DTM »

I sold my 2000sq ft home with 1/2 acre, swimming pool, etc. last year for $159,000.
If you had that house out where I am at, you'd be at about 850,000 dollars right now. It's insane out here, and unless the market collapses I won't be buying a house. Sucks, but I can't afford an insane mortgage.
DarkKnife
Inmate

Taxes

Post by DarkKnife »

I dont hate pating Taxes. I hate paying Social Security. Don't get me started on the crime rate! :lol:
Hopefully though the wife and I will be purchasing a house in the next year. Houston though is sooo expensive if you wanna live near work and have yard. Probable gonna try for 80k-100k. (Sigh) had to get my first credit card ever in order to establish a line of credit. Heres the messed up thing I went in December to get a small personal loan, smallest being 3k. I was gonna use most the loan to pay off itself. They came back and said I couldnt get the loan because I had no credit. However I was allowed to get a Credit card with a $4k limit. (Sigh) Try to do things right... You know not get into debt and the finincial industry dosent take that into account.
But I degress. Mrs. DK isnt coming shes planning a girls weekend with some friends. (Scary)
XMEN Ashaman DTM
Inmate

I've found that credit unions are THE best places, in general, to get loans.
X Rogue
Inmate

Post by X Rogue »

I think it's between 14 and 1500 sq ft, with a suburban lot. Not as good a deal as Icey's house sold for,but not bad,

Girl's weekends scare me too. :shock:
Spinning Hat
Inmate

Post by Spinning Hat »

All that estrogen in one room... they come back all weird too, like men are the enemy or something... I don't like 'em. :o
"Never, Never, Never quit." - Winston Churchill
"Men don't like to cuddle. They only cuddle if it leads to.. You know.. Lower cuddling." - Ray Romano
"Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a dump truck." - Ricky, age 10
XMEN Ashaman DTM
Inmate

Rogue: is that the same house you guys had when I was there?

It's a big house by the standard that I grew up with. :D
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

We've been in the same house for all the MegaLans. The one she's talking about is a couple houses down the street, and one story instead of our two.

Biggest house I ever lived in, too. :) Sure don't need anything bigger. There are some 4,000 sf houses in our development. Gah.
X Rogue
Inmate

Post by X Rogue »

Yah, what Gambit said. BIg house by my standards too. We plan on getting a much smaller one when the kids are gone. (then maybe they won't come back, LOL)

I definitely don't want one of those 4000 SF buggers, AC bill in this house is more than bad enough, shanks. :D