Hehe, Showing them how to cap.

Stories of your exploits - real, embroidered, or just plain made-up.

Moderator: Moderators

Sharpster
Inmate

Hehe, Showing them how to cap.

Post by Sharpster »

So i'm sitting here playing some T2 right. The map was TWL-Cross Fire. My team was doing pretty well playing defense and keeping our flag secure, and our power up so I figured i'd go do some flag capping.

The flag tower is up pretty high and I figured that flying up the side and grabbing like most people were doing wasnt working. So I fly past their flag tower and just keep going back, back, back to the out of bounds grid. I notice at the corner there is a nice hill that is lined up with their flag and I remember lots of decent hills to ski on, on the way back that there. I throw some beacons down to remember where this spot if it works the way I want it 2.

I begin my descent down the hill picking up some nice speed as I go. I used 3 hills, all lined up perfectly with the flag. I hit the last hill jetted a bit to get level with the highly placed flag and grab it going a little less then 250kph! I took the flag back after running from bunch of grenade launchers and stray discs.

So I used this route a couple times successfully and the other team still hadn't caught onto it. As i'm heading back to the middle of no where toward my beacon, I notice there is a dude flying head on at me using my route lol. I find this funny and as I go to stand up on the starting hill I noticed another dude fly next to me and begin the very route I had just invented... There were about 3 guys including me by the end of the game who were using this :P

Hehe, showed them all how to really cap. Not just flying next to the tower and not getting any speed :)

Thought it was funny that they all started copying me as if I were the ub3r3st Capz0r around or somthing.

After this incident i've been making up my own insane routes that no one looks for because either 1. they've never seen anything like that. or 2. they wouldn't think anyone is retarded enough to come flying from that direction. They're working pretty well :P. This is giving me a whole new reason to play tribes :). Still get the old rushs, but knowing that I just invented a new route and I find it easier then some that are the most common is just great. :P
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

Go get 'em, Sharp. :)