UnrealT=Tribes2 GenD?

Talk about games other than Tribes.

Moderator: Moderators

Timmain

UnrealT=Tribes2 GenD?

Post by Timmain »

Try this on for size... (there's a backstory, but when <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><i> isn't</i><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> there a backstory?)<br><br>I hadn't played a first-person shooter since Marathon (remember that?) but when I started my newest job, I met this fella named Boone (aka xXB1tch_SlapXx in T2).<br><br>He suggested that I try out UT, I might like it. I resisted at first, being in love with Freespace2 and Cataclysm, but tried it anyway. And got hooked. Soundly.<br><br>Needless to say, I was rather bad at it. Boone handed me my butt EVERY DAY for nearly 6 months until... I beat him. And then beat him again. And again. Practice makes perfect, and now when we play, it's Boone who occasionally wins.<br><br>If you've played UT, you know that the indoor maps perform a LOT like the inside of T2 bases, minus the realistic physics engine that T2 has. I'm thinking that all my months of hard UT work has paid off in T2, as if you come into a base that Timmain's guarding the Gens in, you're not likely to come back out, CloakPak or no. <br><br>In UT, we play LastManStanding, which requires that you kill everyone else many times over to win. It's almost an exact replica of the GenD that I've been playing on PubServers over the last couple of months. Does skill at UT translate over to short-range indoor battle skills in T2?<br><br>I'm at a loss, but I know that the NME checks into Casa Timmain, but they don't check out.<br><br>=Timmain<br><br>"...the enemy's gate is DOWN."<br>-A."E." Wiggin <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub3.ezboard.com/bxmenclan.showL ... Timmain</A> at: 6/13/01 10:46:19 pm<br></i>