More X3

Talk about games other than Tribes.

Moderator: Moderators

XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

More X3

Post by XMEN Gambit »

I didn't want to post more in TW's thread and detract from his narrative. But I started a new custom game of X3 this weekend. Since I started out with only a Buster with 1 MW shields and 1K cash, it's a bit of a slow start. Dunno about you but I couldn't find a fight with a Pirate I could catch and survive with that loadout. Can't even trade it in first thing because the governments don't trust you yet. I did go picking up the free Toucan (TP) to kind of get things rolling, and am now up to 130K. I think I can trade in one or both ships for a decently equipped Mercury, and should be able to get a sector trader going soon. Trying to decide if I want to do that or make a few more trade runs with the Toucan first, and possibly keep more of what I have.

(Man, I wish I could trade that well in RL! :D )
TimberWolf
Inmate

Post by TimberWolf »

I wish I could make money in real life as fast as I can in X3. I can understand how hard the start was as I started a new game as a Split in a little Jaguar with bare minimum of shielding and tissue paper for a hull.

I would use the Tucan for a while longer as a manual trader before replacing it with a sector trader. You can get rid of your buster but have at least a maxed out Discoverer so you can do timed missions for some income. Or find the other freebie ship 3 sectors to the right of where you got the Tucan and hope it has weapons and shields your Buster can use.

I hope to post my Split characters story some time soon.