Talk about games other than Tribes.

Moderator: Moderators

BlackRider
Inmate

Far Cry 2

Post by BlackRider »

Am bored between classes..... so thought I would post this:

Far Cry 2 = all hype :cry:

Graphics are OK.... but the environment just doesn't have that "real" feel to it that I get from Crysis.

Gameplay is very "Duke Nukem" in that you have to shoot everybody 5-6 times for a kill and bullets can travel vast distances INSTANTLY. This really throws me off as I instinctively try to lead a target... and so I miss. The AI can see you through the most dense of shrubberies, and so enemy snipers are incredibly annoying! For most of the game you're stuck in "canyon" land... i.e. you walk more than 10' off the road and you run into a stone wall 50' high (and you cannot climb it), so this "open, free roaming" shooter still manages to box the player in.

I got the game because the reviews indicated an open, immersive experience that had incredible intelligent (though slightly flawed) AI... that reminds me.... the AI are idiots... it's back to the good old days where you throw a grenade at an AI's feet and he just stands there!

Maybe I've been spoiled by Crysis, but I'll be waiting for cheats and/or mods before my Far Cry DVD goes back into the drive.

Oh yeah, MP is nothing to write home about either...... boring.
XMEN Iceman

Post by XMEN Iceman »

Glad I have not bought it yet....gonna wait until it is discounted. :)
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

For my next purchase I'm planning to get Fallout 3. Just not sure when. If I see it on sale this week I would probably grab it, but if not I'll probably wait a while.
BlackRider
Inmate

Post by BlackRider »

Fallout 3 has me worried... it's not a FPS and yet it's trying to be. With the system I saw in the videos, I'd have preferred a top-down view or "god" view of some sort.

Besides, I'm saving my money for Empire: Total War. :-P