Titan Quest

Talk about games other than Tribes.

Moderator: Moderators

XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Titan Quest

Post by XMEN Gambit »

Ok, so it ain't new. I played the demo around when it came out and thought it was OK, but nothing special. However, the Gold edition just came out (Titan Quest and the expansion, Immortal Throne) and I was in Wal-Mart the other day and almost picked it up. Dunno why.

Got home and decided I should've. Again, dunno why. Bought the combo off Steam instead. So I've been playing that for a few weeks now. To keep it simple, it's basically as much like Diablo as they could make it, but with improved graphics and Greek gods and Titans (as in "Clash of the Titans") instead of the devil. Still have demons and undead tho. Like Diablo, it's a serious point-n-click lootfest, with randomly generated loot stats in several categories and multiple skill trees per class to develop your character. Unlike Diablo, they've made several player-friendly improvements such as allowing you to move skill points around to your liking (for a fee), a built-in means to move items from character to character in single-player mode, expandable storage, and a means to un-appy certain custom item boosts (though you'll lose either the item or the booster, your choice). And you actually get to choose a secondary class to complement your primary, so many many development combinations are possible. There are also item sets, and some very powerful recipie items you can create, though I haven't found anything nearly as interesting as a Horadric Cube.

There is a plot, roughly comparable to the Diablo II plot but not quite as well done. As with all this type of game it doesn't matter much after the first time through, if that - it's all about loot and stats, right? There are three difficulty levels but I'm not through the first one yet to unlock the others. All dialog can be shortcut. Music's not as atmospheric as D2 but is not bad/annoying/irritating. Seems a pretty solid game if you like this type.

I'd rate it about 75%, overall.