EVE Online Pt 2

Talk about games other than Tribes.

Moderator: Moderators

ATF Ravok
Inmate

EVE Online Pt 2

Post by ATF Ravok »

She's a whole new ball of strats.... Bug, you wanna come with me and check her out again? I am no longer fighting my meds as much, and even with my brain-spats, I am getting better. I just found Danali and got a LOT of help! We should go explore space again.

"Your link to missing links."
Gryphon
Inmate

Post by Gryphon »

I started playing a few weeks ago, I play from work or here and there when not playing WoW. Gryphyn is the name.
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

I saw you playing that on XFire, Gryph. :)
Spinning Hat
Inmate

Post by Spinning Hat »

I too, saw the gryphmeister playing Eve... After hanging with AB and Rav on Friday, it kinda made me want to play it, at least to see if I can really dig it if there's players I know.. So AB and Rav and I went a pirate hunting tonight, and I have to say, it was pretty darned fun, despite me dying once. No fears tho, AB got me setup right quick, and I put her through her paces, that's for sure. Taking on 6 or so pirates at once is fun.. especially wjen you can only target 4.. :lol: You all should come check it out. If you liked X3, you very well may get into Eve.
"Never, Never, Never quit." - Winston Churchill
"Men don't like to cuddle. They only cuddle if it leads to.. You know.. Lower cuddling." - Ray Romano
"Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a dump truck." - Ricky, age 10
Starmage21
Inmate

Post by Starmage21 »

Hrmm, ive got a 30-day free trial. You guys should help me out.

The synopsis reminds me of the old BBS game Tradewars. Is that really what its about?
Spinning Hat
Inmate

Post by Spinning Hat »

Starmage - What's your Eve Character name? Look me up by Kenar UthMondar.
"Men don't like to cuddle. They only cuddle if it leads to.. You know.. Lower cuddling." - Ray Romano
"Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a dump truck." - Ricky, age 10
Starmage21
Inmate

Post by Starmage21 »

I havent downloaded or activated my trial yet. I was hoping you guys could tell me more about the game than the explaination on their website.
Spinning Hat
Inmate

Post by Spinning Hat »

Tradewars... Well, you can certainly play it like that if you want to immerse yourself in a player driven economy. The combat is not real-time, which is nice, so you can focus on managing the ship and not have to focus flying, so the twitchiness isn't there. You can basically be what you want to be in the game, whether it's a miner, or trader, or mission runner, or courier, bounty hunter, and various other things.

I like it, because I can go mining for a while, or run some missions if I want to, and the communication is good, and I find it a lot of fun. It's not super fast paced action, but some of the combat can get to be a little hairy if you're not quite up to the challenge. To really see if you like it, I would definitely load up the trial and play it. EVE is so big, it's hard to really describe it fully. AB may give you a better description, but a free trial that's really free? What've you got to lose?
XMEN Ashaman DTM
Inmate

Post by XMEN Ashaman DTM »

His sanity, Hat. His sanity.
Ambush Bug
Inmate

Post by Ambush Bug »

Asha's not far off. EVE is commonly known as a 'massively multiplayer spreadsheet' or 'MS Office Online'.

All for good reason. The learning curve's very steep, the community paranoid beyond belief, and in order to keep up with older players, you need to pick something to specialize in heavily.

There's also plenty of player politics.

That said, you really can't find a space-game like this, that will let you go as you will.
Spinning Hat
Inmate

Post by Spinning Hat »

Ahh yes.. the sanity factor.. He DOES hang out here... Therefore, his sanity has left him long, long ago. I'm still pretty new Starmage, but I'll play with you anytime we're online together, and I'm sure we'll be able to answer any questions you might have, just shoot me an in-game message.
Starmage21
Inmate

Post by Starmage21 »

OK, Ill download the game and start my free trial next week. Im going to focus on BF2142 this week in practice for enDlan.
Starmage21
Inmate

Post by Starmage21 »

Spinning Hat wrote:Starmage - What's your Eve Character name? Look me up by Kenar UthMondar.
Sent you an email ingame. Ive already made myself a good 200K credits doing the first couple of kill missions and mining along the way.

my name ingame is Markus Justinian
Spinning Hat
Inmate

Post by Spinning Hat »

Ok, Make sure to join the chat channel PSU and / or profit. I'll log on later to check the in-game mail. :D
Starmage21
Inmate

Post by Starmage21 »

I joined them both