LOTRO - Beta Testing

Talk about games other than Tribes.

Moderator: Moderators

ATF Ravok
Inmate

LOTRO - Beta Testing

Post by ATF Ravok »

I took a level 5 scout and went into level 28 zones. I think it forced a patch, because level 5 != level 28 ... :(

Anyway, so I want to craft a midi viola, and I need all the help I can get. If you guys can support my girl minstrel's hobby of woodworking with supplies and stuff, I can make a level 10 item and so on while staying level 5. THEN I can be level stinking 5 with level 28 leet skillzorz.

"Your link to missing links."
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

Not quite that easy... For one thing, the crafted instrument will have a minimum level (higher than 5!). For another, to get your crafting skills up, you'll have to personally undertake a quest that will be impossible for you to complete unless you're close to an appropriate level. Sometimes you can get around the quest issue by being in a fellow with appropriate-leveled peeps.

Oh, and if you're a lev 5 and wandering around a level 28 area, if you get killed you'll go back to your mapped home. They did that, I think, to help get rid of gold farmers.

Check the crafting area of the Watch's website for some more info.
ATF Ravok
Inmate

Post by ATF Ravok »

same old same old -ok Gambit, too bad.

Maybe we can find some way to enjoy teh 1337zors game together anyway, neh? I am looking forward to gaming with you.

ATF Ravok
Inmate

Post by ATF Ravok »

At this point, I can't even /smile in the game, so I think I will just let others enjoy the so-called Greatest RP Game of All Time... blyeah

XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

What happened? Thought you were just out until you got back from the trip, and you liked it?
And I've been not playing my burglar so you can catch him up. :)
ATF Ravok
Inmate

Post by ATF Ravok »

I like it, just going through one of my phases... be back soon, buddy

ATF Ravok
Inmate

Post by ATF Ravok »

Hey all, I just got 12k more xp to go before I hit level 45! WOOT!!!

I wanted to say this game isnt what I expected, but it is still fun. I am a minstrel, and those guys are really slow for DPS, and for a while I didnt know how I was ever going to get anywhere. Found a bunch of friends that don't mind the healing of a minstrel so they can start taking on more bad guys, and I took off.

Reading my post here I know I was sick at the time. After looking at the posts again, I can see where I was struggling trying to make sense of the basics of the game.

I am almost at GM Tailor, now, and yeah, the crafting here has quests you need to complete if you want to get to the next tier, and those quests can be really hard to do if you are not the right level.

Well, I am working on my legendary traits now, and I am looking forward to the end game raids and what not. Going to the Rift and Ettenmoors sounds like a hoot.

Thanks for showing me this game, Gambit. I have enjoyed the friendships I have made in it, and I look forward to gaming with you sometime.

XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

My main char, Ordgart the hunter, is not quite 45 yet. Sure haven't been able to play it much in the last few weeks as we have a very overdue project at work. :( So, anyway, you're ahead of me, having passed each of my other four chars. Enjoy! :)

I'm very glad you're liking the game. There's a lot to like, but as with any MMO your experience will vary depending on the friends you make (or don't). I'm sorry we've not been able to game together more.