Supreme Commander!

Talk about games other than Tribes.

Moderator: Moderators

BlackRider
Inmate

Post by BlackRider »

idk... my desktop is at home... so I'll only be able to play until ~9pm EST... would Saturday be better? So, any time that we could reasonably wrap up before 9pm est on Sunday. :D
XMEN Iceman

Post by XMEN Iceman »

Sunday evening is best for me. I have my girls this weekend.

D
XMEN Ashaman DTM
Inmate

Post by XMEN Ashaman DTM »

Looks like sunday evening works for me too... though we're going to LA on Saturday for some baby stuff. I don't plan on us spending the night down there, but if we do, I might not make it. Dang.
BlackRider
Inmate

Post by BlackRider »

now I just have to reinstall it and remember my login info :D
XMEN Ashaman DTM
Inmate

Okay. Not going to LA. But got lots of baby stuff to do.
BlackRider
Inmate

Post by BlackRider »

I can't make it... so you'll have to give me a play-by-play. :?
Ambush Bug
Inmate

Post by Ambush Bug »

Firing up now, look for 'AmbushBugDTM' somewhere in GPGnet. I think. Never done this online, so we'll see if I can make it work. :)

Actually, upon consideration, I'll make an XMENMegaFishPlex game with a password of 'dogfish', just to keep out the riffraff.
XMEN Ashaman DTM
Inmate

I'm coming in as soon as it can load.

:D
Ambush Bug
Inmate

Post by Ambush Bug »

Actually, I think now the thing to do is to join up in the Halcyon chatroom, and we can go from there. Much easier than just waiting in the in-game lobby.
XMEN Ashaman DTM
Inmate

OKay... glad I came back to check this thread!
Ambush Bug
Inmate

Post by Ambush Bug »

Asha and I engaged in a comp-stomp, us vs. the AI. Since I didn't want to bring my computer totally to its knees, I didn't have very large unit limits and the AI was set to 'medium'.

This resulted in very little attacking on the AI's part. We were able to build up pretty much as we pleased. However, so was the AI, and by the time we got around to blasting things, it was right difficult to take 'em down.

Of course, the application of lots of nuclear weapons fixed that. Very satisfying to irradiate the little buggers.

Now that we've got our heads wrapped around the mechanics of finding each other and getting a game going, it should be much easier to have little get-togethers. It's pretty much a matter of firing up GPG.net and idling in their chat-rooms, or perhaps making our own chat channel in which to meet up. Then we just pick someone to host, and then we join. Once we join, we can use the in-game lobby-chat to hammer out the details of the game settings.
XMEN Ashaman DTM
Inmate

Setting up a game was easy to do, but a bit on the confusing side to figure it out.

I did have fun, even though I had to get dinner ready and eat mid-game. It was no problem though... since the AI wasn't really attacking.

Tossing nukes around is how we won though. It was a one-two punch. :D
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

Ok, I've now played the heck out of the demo, and like it a whole lot more than I did running it on my old system. But it still seems an awful lot like a tweaked remake of Total Annihilation. Am I wrong? That's not necessarily a bad thing, of course.
XMEN Iceman

Post by XMEN Iceman »

It is a GOOD thing...now one of my favs. :)
BlackRider
Inmate

Post by BlackRider »

The gameplay is dead on TA and that's what I love about it... it's the interface that makes it so much better!