NWN 2

Talk about games other than Tribes.

Moderator: Moderators

Atheist
Inmate

Post by Atheist »

I'm looking at Condos this afternoon. So lets say about 7pm EST or 8pm EST. Somewhere along those lines.

Sounds good?
XMEN Ashaman DTM
Inmate

Post by XMEN Ashaman DTM »

Yes.
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

Probably OK here.
XMEN Ashaman DTM
Inmate

I'll probably be playing bf2142 for a bit. I'll leave xfire going though. Got to look through some mail here before I hop on. Still good for the time. :D

Had lunch then fell asleep from my last post. :D
Atheist
Inmate

Post by Atheist »

This weekend...

I can't do Saturday, but I can do Sunday evening... at least as of now.. What about everybody else?
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

Depends what you mean by evening. I'll probably be logging off around 9 CT to watch Galactica, and beddy-bye after that. Oh, and there's this football game, but I can watch that from my desk. Won't interfere much.

BTW, make sure you're patched up to 1.04 if you haven't checked in a couple weeks. I'd missed it until today.
XMEN Ashaman DTM
Inmate

I might be able to make it for Sunday night. I'll catch BSG at 9 PT.

It's iffy at this point though. There's quite a bit of wedding planning stuff that I actually have to do this weekend.
Atheist
Inmate

Post by Atheist »

I'm not around next weekend. But I'd like to get a game going sometime.

Anyone have any suggestions?
XMEN Ashaman DTM
Inmate

Hmm... Thursday or Friday?
Spinning Hat
Inmate

Post by Spinning Hat »

Ok, I just got this, and am patching as we speak.. Anyone still playing this? I got it mostly for the singleplayer, but if anyone is up for some multi, I might be able to squeeze something in. :D
"Never, Never, Never quit." - Winston Churchill
"Men don't like to cuddle. They only cuddle if it leads to.. You know.. Lower cuddling." - Ray Romano
"Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a dump truck." - Ricky, age 10
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

Hope none of this counts as spoiler. Maybe a little bit.

I finished the solo game last Thursday. Fairly climactic final battle. The cutscenes in the 3rd (final) act appear unfinished; poor voice track and spiffed up artwork instead of 3d movies. I'm sure there was some impact on gameplay but it wasn't hugely obvious on the "good" track I was taking with my fighter.

You guys remember KOTOR II, right, and the "influence" stuff? There's a bit at the end here where characters with whom you have a low influence will cross over to the dark side and fight against you. Some of them took me by surprise because I thought we'd got along pretty well. Also, ALL your companions (and there are a lot!) will be present for the final section of the game, whether you've had anything to do with them or avoided them like the plague. It pays to have a lot of spare equipment stuffed in magic bags upon your person for that end fight.

And yes, surprisingly, Grobnar does have his uses. There are other surprises stashed about, and some of them you trip over as part of the main plot.

And LOOT! OMG, there is so much loot, so many spells, so many skills, so many ways of doing things in general. Gah. I found at least a dozen recipie books and while there was some overlap, most had unique recipies. And there's also supposed to be recipies that aren't documented. I made myself a flaming adamantine longsword +5 that really dealt some damage!

Did I mention your castle? You get to develop a castle, set taxes, protect your farmers, and a bunch of stuff like you'd wanted to do since you first read the paper-based D&D rules that mentioned it. Way cool.

Anyway, I'll probably play it more. Looks like there are a lot of ways through this thing. I'll still join in if you IM me. :)
Spinning Hat
Inmate

Post by Spinning Hat »

I'm officially on my way to Neverwinter now.. It's been a pretty fun ride so far with my fighter.
"Never, Never, Never quit." - Winston Churchill
"Men don't like to cuddle. They only cuddle if it leads to.. You know.. Lower cuddling." - Ray Romano
"Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a dump truck." - Ricky, age 10