Battlefield 2142

Talk about games other than Tribes.

Moderator: Moderators

XMEN Iceman

Battlefield 2142

Post by XMEN Iceman »

Oh folks,
Pony up your impressions and your ideas on gameplay here.

I just bought it tonight. :)
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

I'll be taking the engineer route. I want to be some use against the vehicles. Player name = "Gambit_Eng" since I'm trying out the Engineer path. Using DTM as clan tag.

Hopefully the mines and such are a little more intelligent than they started out in BF2? I hated getting punished for a TK because some idiot ignored the big red warning icon.
Sharpster
Inmate

Post by Sharpster »

Right now i'm working on squad leader bonuses as well as the medic side of assault. Once I complete the medic side of assault, i'm probably gonna move to engineer class as a secondary thing. The support is extremely difficult to shoot with unless they are about an inch away from you. The recon class is pretty sweet, but im not that type of player. I'm not patient, I dont wait for people to come for me. If I did, i'd be an excellent sniper becuase in this game it seems alot easier to snipe.

Takes a a couple games to get used to it as it is differant then BF2, but I definately like it. The titan mode is a sweet idea, a little laggy on the titan though... That will probably be fixed as patches come out. The pods are sweet. There are escape pod doors on the sides of the titan. You can get it one, pick your location, and it will boost you out to it, perfect for boarding an enemy titan (when the shields are down, otherwise you die.)

My name ingame is Sharpster
XMEN Iceman

Post by XMEN Iceman »

Couple of questions here:

1. How do I deploy my mines? Same ole way with a hotkey? Because some of my unlocks don't show up in the scrolling list.

2. When the heck do I get to the gun upgrades? Are they the last things that will let you upgrade? Is this a tree heirarcy to upgrade to them?

I know I should read more..but I am way busy right now.

Thanks!
David
Sharpster
Inmate

Post by Sharpster »

I haven't tried the mines, so I cant help you there.. But yes, the to get the gun you have to get each unlock underneath of it first, start at the bottom, and work your way up.
Starmage21
Inmate

Post by Starmage21 »

yeah, so in any new tree, its going to take a total of 4 unlocks to get to a usable gun.

I knew what I wanted when I started so I used my first 4 unlocks to get my gun then started getting everything auxiliary.
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

I spent an early unlock on grenades, since I was REALLY tired of not having that option.

Iceman, you putz, you were supposed to be on the same team as us last night. For the rest of you, he took command of the other team instead and pummeled me with artillery every chance he got. :)
Sharpster
Inmate

Post by Sharpster »

Heh... I did get him with that shot through the car windshield, lol he even typed up a message to me lol.
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

BTW, the new patch allows unranked servers access to unlocks! From the patch notes:
# Added unlock control to unranked servers -

* Tier-1 Unlocks: All first tier unlocks can now be made available regardless of player rank on unranked servers.
* Tier restriction control: Admins on unranked servers may now select which unlock tiers are available for use on the server. Please note that this setting does not grant access to unlocks that a player has not earned through ranked play.
Jester
Inmate

Post by Jester »

I like it, getting a new computer in February to play better.

What server do you all play on, and do you guys have regular soldier names I can add to my buddy list.
XMEN Iceman

Post by XMEN Iceman »

Jester,
Heya bud. Just click on the Xfire profile links on this page and it will give you all the info. Also use Xfire to find us and join us on the servers. :)

Add us as buddies in 2142.

Hope to see you soon.
Starmage21
Inmate

Post by Starmage21 »

you need to add us all as buddies ingame. Jump over to the DTM 2142 clan forums and get everyone's soldier names so you can add us all as buddies ingame.

http://dragontalonmerc.proboards89.com/
Jester
Inmate

Post by Jester »

there is a DTM 2142 clan?
sweet can I play too?
Jester
Inmate

Post by Jester »

can't get my activation code :P
Sharpster
Inmate