I hate Bill Gates but MAN! (Halo Wars)

Talk about games other than Tribes.

Moderator: Moderators

DarkKnife
Inmate

I hate Bill Gates but MAN! (Halo Wars)

Post by DarkKnife »

You know I hate the fact that Microsoft developped games like Halo 2 are only for the XBOX. Really Really sucks it does. But I gotta admit I like the idea of a Strategy Halo. And this is an awsome intro movie they put together.

http://media.xbox360.gamespy.com/media/ ... ids_1.html
Spinning Hat
Inmate

Post by Spinning Hat »

The voice acting in the vid is a little uninspiring, but the visuals are awesome. I like it.
"Never, Never, Never quit." - Winston Churchill
"Men don't like to cuddle. They only cuddle if it leads to.. You know.. Lower cuddling." - Ray Romano
"Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a dump truck." - Ricky, age 10
BlackRider
Inmate

Post by BlackRider »

HALO 1 was released for PC but if I remember correctly it bombed.
TsN|Wildchild|xmen
Inmate

Post by TsN|Wildchild|xmen »

It wasn't as fast as it should have been, the pace was very slow and mediocre and it couldn't keep up with the faster FPS games out there like, Counter Strike, Tribes, etc... A game where even the vehicles feel like they are moving through water just plain stinks.
Kevin 'Wildchild' McIntyre
Spinning Hat
Inmate

Post by Spinning Hat »

Ya, they didn't really change the game at all from the Xbox version to the PC.. Not that they really needed to do anything to make it PC compatible except make it capable to support more than one video card.... The PC version played just like the console. But as a console game, it is fast. It's harsder to play as a console because of the las of a mouse and keyboard.... But it was more graphically intense and a little better experience, IMO to play it on the PC than the console. We may one day see halo 2 on PC I think, but they need to speed it up a bit to make it competitive with other FPS games.

on a side note, I think that's a big reason why T:V bombed... A little too slow for online play, no matter the level of polish on the singleplayer and the polish of the interface.... But I still like to play it.. It's fun. :D
"Never, Never, Never quit." - Winston Churchill
"Men don't like to cuddle. They only cuddle if it leads to.. You know.. Lower cuddling." - Ray Romano
"Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a dump truck." - Ricky, age 10