www.runescape.com

Talk about games other than Tribes.

Moderator: Moderators

ATF Ravok
Inmate

www.runescape.com

Post by ATF Ravok »

Its a simple RPG style game that is built for solo-ing. For instance, you can't attack someone else's target. Its free, and it uses a Java console as an interface.

It reminded me of a solo-ists Ultima Online.

There is a pay to play feature in the game that opens up more options and more levels. If you are in the mood for an RPG, but don't want to spend money on an MMO, then I think it is worth looking at.

The crafting system is pretty good, and in the free version you can level up to 52. Its freestyle in XP - meaning you gain XP simply by doing things. You don't begin the game in any particular class.

It is typical internet style tho. While I was playing this one character kept spamming, "Looking for a gf" - hah - and finally someone said back, "Get a life"

You know, someday, I will find some Rennaissance Fair kinda people on one of the RPG's and give em a good, "HUZZAH!" *chuckles* Nobody actually roleplays in an RPG, which I think is a very interesting development in gaming. I think what computing does is stress the benefits of a mechanical game. While that certainly doesn't harm entertainment value of beating up monsters, it removes me from immersion in the environment. After so long, hacking and slashing (or casting spells all day) gets old to me. It becomes routine, and I hate routine in my fun life.

"Your link to missing links."