Diablo 2, yup still playing it after 5 years.

Talk about games other than Tribes.

Moderator: Moderators

TimberWolf
Inmate

Diablo 2, yup still playing it after 5 years.

Post by TimberWolf »

I have had Diablo2 since it came out and have again picked up from where I left off. I currently have one of every class but only have one that is higher than level 40, in fact my Barbarian is level 82.

I have some questions:
1. My barbarian is having problems because of his gear, what is the best way to get better gear for his level (what boss should I keep killing for the best chance of better gear)? He would be in Hell setting but since the 1.10 patch he has been getting his butt kicked because his lack of armor and resistences.

2. What is the best way to setup a Sorceress that is well rounded and yet strong enough in anyone element to inflict a lot of damage? I have not played this one much.

3. What is better for an Amazon, long range attacks or melee attacks? I would like to know so I can consintrate skill points into that paticular attack. I just started this character last week.

4. What crafted items do you use and what does it take to make them?

My Barbarian has The Grandfather sword (its stats can be found at http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/ ... ords.shtml), which he has had for a couple of years in his stash until recently when he could finally use it.

My Necromancer and Druid are doing well for the most part. The Necro was having problems with major bosses like Diablo himself but I am working on leveling up some more to resurrect fallen creatures. My Druids Warbear hardly ever dies and has seen more action this year since the Dire Wolfs are dieing a little to quick. I haven't played my Pally recently and having problems in handling all of the enemies alone. Once I get a hang of the character I will be able to beat the monsters.
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

Oohh, long time since I played D2. The best all-around source of D2 info that I use(d), though was always http://www.diabloii.net/

Plenty of cube recipies and runeword info going on there, and I imagine also advice of the sort you seek. They keep it up to date with all the news and patches and stuff too.
TimberWolf
Inmate

Post by TimberWolf »

I had something happen to my Barbarian today that really cought me off guard and ticked me off. I was going through normal killing the level bosses to see what items I could get. I get to Diablo's area and start mopping the floors with my duel swords. My health is maxed, my mana is maxed, taking little damage if at all any and if there was any I was draining their health fast enough to keep it from showing.

Then suddenly I see a glowing white ball flying towards me slower than any other long range attack. I don't remember ever seeing this before but I don't consider it a risk since I am level 82 and nothing is doing any real damage. The next thing I know I see the red words across my screen telling me that I was killed! What the hell? I was lost for words and couldn't figure out what did it.

I bring back my Archer and have her protect me as I go back to get my body and continue my plan to kill Diablo for items. I get down there and she kills all the enemy while I get my body and refil my belt. It was then I realized there was only one sword in my hand. That would be understandable because I had to equip the one with some items to increase my strength then once its in those items can go back to storage. I look at my invintory and it was not there. I look at the ground around me and it was not there. The Sword is called the Grandfather which I had only recently been able to use. I couldn't figure out where it went and I know it was not cheated because I don't have any character editors, nor did I do any online trades. But it was GONE!

With that I decided at first to try and get my mind off of the loss. I started playing T2 but that didn't help. So I decided to get an early copy of the save from my old hard drive and get my sword back. Now I have reloaded my Barbarian and get items to allow me to equip the sword again. I have been more carefull in Hell since then, no matter what the challenge setting is. Those dang white orbs do a lot of damage. I wonder if they were added in the 1.10 patch because, as I had said before, I have no memory of seeing them before and I have not been in Hell with any characters since 1.10 came out.
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

It's your fault, TW. At least partly. The other part would probably be the recent 1.11 patch.

I had to get the silly thing out and reinstall it. Now I've got to get some characters up to Hell level, and so on, and so on.

And I'm still using Diabloii.net as my primary resource. :)
TimberWolf
Inmate

Post by TimberWolf »

I have been playing this off and on since the begining of the quarter. I now have my Sorcerer in act 2 and thats really about it. All of my other characters have advanced by a quest or two except my Barbarian who is still trying to get better equipment and not get his butt kicked.
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

I started a new game with most of the classes after the patch. The one that's gone the farthest is the assassin. She's really kicking butt, nearly up to Diablo now in Nightmare mode.
TimberWolf
Inmate

Post by TimberWolf »

Been playing this again a lot as of late. Getting some nice equipment drops for my Amizon and Sorceress. Did a run with my barbarian last night and found a lot of set and rare items but none were better or even close to what he already had. I need to run him more since what he needs the most is new equipment to match his high level.