Spore

Talk about games other than Tribes.

Moderator: Moderators

Toltec

Post by Toltec »

Just got the game yesterday and messed around to get to the tribal stage where I played a few minutes before heading of to bed. The cell stage gets old quick and I wish the creature stage was a bit more fleshed out but all in all it is an entertaining game and I'm looking forward to space most of all. I just don't like how my creature, built to eviscerate prey now uses spears and axes instead of goring creatures with its spike... ah the memories.
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

I did have the game slow down and crash on me once so far.

My original game is getting a little tedious. In the space phase, you advance by earning badges, which you can do in a variety of ways such as finding certain planets/objects, taking certain actions, or performing missions. Well, I'm maxed out, but there's this nasty bugaboo race in the center of the galaxy called the Grox. They aren't friendly. Anyway, I'm trying to make it to the actual center, but you have to be able to fund your expansion, and colonies don't come cheap. So I have to expand toward the center of the galaxy, keeping my supply line clear, and maintain my "empire" at the same time - defend against pirate and grox raids, protect planets against eco-disasters, and keep in touch with the neighbors so they don't get grumpy and start attacking my stuff. Again, there's only me. No sub-fleets I can deploy, no reports on colonies, and I have to jump from system to system to get back and forth from my home area to the "front." Would be nice to have some management tools.

The game is still enjoyable, and I know I've not seen it all. There are literally thousands and thousands of star systems making up the galaxy. One of my badges told me today I'd made 1500 interstellar jumps thus far. It's amazing how you can scroll out from your starship hovering over a city out to a whole huge galaxy.
TimberWolf
Inmate

Post by TimberWolf »

Wow. they are already releasing an addon to the game: Spore™ Creepy & Cute Parts Pack, $20. Guess its good that Im waiting as Ill be able to buy a pre-packaged game that comes with it as well in a few months.
TimberWolf
Inmate

Post by TimberWolf »

Anything new with your creatures? Hows the expansion into the Galaxy going? Is the game still fun and enjoyable?
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

Eh. Haven't been playing it much.

Want to buy my copy?
BlackRider
Inmate

Post by BlackRider »

I'll take that to be "no". :lol:
TimberWolf
Inmate

Post by TimberWolf »

Is there any reason why you haven't been playing, such as other games? How much would you want for it? I don't have much money as I paid for this quarter out of pocket since its my last.
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

Ya, been playing some other things. For some reason I tried a demo of Witcher and liked it enough to buy it (didn't think THAT would happen, ack.) and then I decided to finish Fallout since FO3 was coming out soon, etc. Kinda got out of Sporemania. Was thinking $25 or so.
TimberWolf
Inmate

Post by TimberWolf »

I did a quick readup on the anti-piracy stuff they have on spore and ran across something that has me concerned. From what I read only one player can us the game. Meaning that only one Spore account can be associated with a given CD key. I haven't found anything saying otherwise yet but I haven't had that much time to look into it. Im still interested but would like to use my own account to play.
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

They'll give you a new number if you call and explain you bought it used. I read an article where someone was testing how nasty the DRM and activation stuff really was, actively trying to break things. I don't remember where the article was, but it was a major site - Anandtech, gamespy, something of the sort. If that doesn't work I'll refund the cash.
TimberWolf
Inmate

Post by TimberWolf »

Ok, PM your info. Ill mail a check out to you as soon as I can.
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

Sent. :)
TimberWolf
Inmate

Post by TimberWolf »

Sorry, I haven't gotten the check out yet. I had to rush home as my Grandma Ward took a turn for the worst. She survived the night so far. I have to return to Columbus tonight so I can send it out tomorrow. I'll keep you informed.
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

No problem, I'm not in a rush. Hope your Grandma's OK!
TimberWolf
Inmate

Post by TimberWolf »

I've written out a check for you Gambit. I will try to get it into the mail today, if not then it will be sent out tomorrow. Sorry for the delay. Between Grandma's passing, all the job interviews, graduating College with a B.S. in Mechanical engineering, and then receiving my Brothers family from Europe on their move back to Texas I've been busy. Hope you and your family have had a wonderful Christmas and a wonderful new year.