Finished FarCry last night!

Talk about games other than Tribes.

Moderator: Moderators

XMEN Iceman

Finished FarCry last night!

Post by XMEN Iceman »

All I can say is "Incredible" ...simply awesome. I picked it up at Frys a few weeks ago for $14.99 and could not stop playing it. There were so many totally different environments from underground lairs, to open jungle, to battles on a volcano. I think some of my favorite fights were moving down the river and trying to stay alive while a helicopter gunship was raining lead down on me. The graphics were amazing.

If you have not played the game then I strongly recommend it. It was a new high in gaming for me.

Two Thumbs up!

David
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

Couple questions: what difficulty level did you play at (self adjusting or not) ?

And

Did you cheat in the final battle in the volcano? I ask because I did the first time I played - but only for that battle. 100 giant musclebound mutants with rocket launchers, and all holding a grudge, and no place to hide, was kind of difficult for me... :)

I'm going through again now, on a tougher difficulty, so we'll see what happens when I get there this time.

BTW, the difference between 512MB of RAM and 1 GB for this game is HUGE. Immensely better play. Props to Ice for posting the link to that sale on RAM!
XMEN Iceman

Post by XMEN Iceman »

I did turn on God mode from the waterfall to the end. I just could not get to the downed helicopter fast enough to keep from getting killed by that horde of mutants. I think I can get it done now. Oh...prop the door open to the ammo room in the hallway with a chair before entering the volcano...that way you can go back for more ammo and health.

I played on Moderate the first time. Oh...jumping off that waterfall was a trip!
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

I'm at the waterfall now. I did not cheat here previously, but I haven't yet figured out how I got through that part...
XMEN Iceman

Post by XMEN Iceman »

If you rush to the right behind the boulder...then run to the edge of the abyss...you can sometimes get the mutant to actually jump off the cliff when he tries to attack you. Then you can zoom in on that one mutant with the machine gun on the left side of the river below and take him out. Jump off into the pool below...stay in the water. It actually kills the Trigens. Make your way in the river to the helicopter and waste them with the machine guns mounted on it. Then go from there.
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

I got up to the final volcano-pit battle the other day. Not too motivated to actually finish it up now, though I'll probably still poke at it (chair in door == good idea!) now and then.

And yes, I've managed without cheating again. Though it was very difficult from the waterfall onward.