X2 - The Threat

Talk about games other than Tribes.

Moderator: Moderators

XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

Wonder if there's a conflict with some codecs he uses for shoutcasting?
TimberWolf
Inmate

Post by TimberWolf »

That is what I am starting to think. Such a conflict would do what he is describing. He will need to either up date them or re-install them.
TsN|Wildchild|xmen
Inmate

Post by TsN|Wildchild|xmen »

Could be... if it is something that I need for my TsN work then I suppose it really isnt possible to play the game. Unless I can turn the voice/video comms off and just have voice. Normal audio transmission is fine, its just the video/audio comms that lagg me out.
Kevin 'Wildchild' McIntyre
TimberWolf
Inmate

Post by TimberWolf »

I took a quick look at the options in the game and I did not see anything labled for turning off the voices but there is something called AQC that I have know idea what it does.
TsN|Wildchild|xmen
Inmate

Hmmm yeah I dont want to turn the voice sound off, as when I get the tutorial commands it is fine, I just want to turn the video comm off and leave the voice.
TimberWolf
Inmate

Post by TimberWolf »

The AQC was found under the video options. The sound options only had three settings for volume level.

*Edit*

Yesterday I completed my first Xenon mission. Most of the battle was done by the time I got there, the secter was three jumps away where I hadn't mapped out yet. There was still a Xenon J (M2) left. I joined into the fight and got the killing shot even though I only did a fraction of the damage. I was paid a half a million for accepting the mission and then was paid 10 million for the kill.

I now have a fully armed Osprey, with a Harrier to load it with Energy Cells. I still only have one station, the SPP in Red Light, along with now 2 Universal Transporters. I will soon be setting up two new Sector Traders the next time I play. Assasination missions are my main money maker, most pirate ships I attack now are destroyed in the first volly. I have explored about 2/3rds of the universe. I am trying not to explore all of the Argon sectors because of something I read on the X2 forums. The mission where they give you a station as payment places it in a random explored Argon sector. My thought is if I don't explore any beyond core Argon sectors then there is a good chance they will put the station over there. I will also be looking into finding a good pirate base to sell illegal goods to and where it is easy to protect and supply. I may do another Xenon mission or a couple of assasination missions first to help cover the cost since I wont be getting money from my station or UTs for a while, I reset the transfer funds command so that it will maintain 2 million credits on the station instead of the 1 million it has been operating from.
TimberWolf
Inmate

Post by TimberWolf »

I am broke. My bank account went from over 10 million credits to zero. All because I decided I wanted more factories to bring in more money. I have setup a Silicon Mine in Ringo Moon, a Crystal Fab in Red Light, and a Wheat Farm in Red Light. The way I have it setup is that all of my stations get their power from my SPP at cost, the Silicon Mine sells to my Crystal Fab at cost, and the Crystal Fab sells to anyone. This increases the supply of Crystals in the area and since the Trading stations sell below the price they buy it at in this case I make a profit and get them below cost when my SPP buys them. My Wheat Farm just feeds the Bakeries in the sector to keep my Crystal Fab running.

I currently have 2 sector traders going, and 2 universal traders running. I have explored about 90% of the sectors. Once I get a good factory base going I will look into buying a Mammoth (TL) to operate from. My current plan is to use it to pick up captured ships and hold equipment for future ships and capital ships as I see the availability of the goods. I will also use it to expand my economic empire beyond the main Argon sectors. I have found the Argon Distillery to produce Space Fuel at a Teladi shipyard, go figure. I have destroyed the Pirate base that didn't like me any more and soon another one will spawn some where in the universe. So my new plans is to set up the Distillery in Rhonkar's Clouds, a Split sector. But that will wait until either I have another 10 million to play with or I have a TL to get it there cheaply.

I have wiped out the Xenon 472 sector. It took me a couple of tries but I was able to do it in my Osprey in one long run. I captured 8 or so ships but only 5 made it back to a station. I will make my way up to the other Xenon sectors up north and work on picking them clean. I have noticed that with PSG's more ships seem to surrender. Now if I could get a fully armed Kha'ak M3 or a Xenon M2, then I would be happy. I currently have the Fighting rank of 'Ace of Aces 3rd Grade' and Trader rank of ‘Ultimate Magnate' or 'Tycoon,' don't remember because I got the rank just as I was quitting. So I am getting closer to the 'X-treme' ranks for both.
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

Um...

Wow.

:shock:
TsN|Wildchild|xmen
Inmate

The fact you WIPED OUT and entire sector of an enemy is not only startling and amazing, but a proven show of boredem. :)

Damn good job.
TimberWolf
Inmate

Post by TimberWolf »

I was working on my combat rank so I can start capturing Xenon M2's, which I still cant do yet. Granted I was bored because I let my turrets do the killing of the fighters while I did the killing of the capital ships which went fast. Luckly that sector will respawn after a couple of days of playing to be destroyed again.

Here is a pic of my adventure:
TsN|Wildchild|xmen
Inmate

Joystick or keyboard controls?

Settings jacked up or toned down for higher FPS?

Have you ever ducked from a flyby?

Do you steal ships from stations?

Boxers or briefs?

Blonds or redheads?
TsN|Wildchild|xmen
Inmate

In all honesty, the only thing I really wanted to try is to steal a ship from a space dock. Jump out into my little spacesuit and highjack someones bird.

Now, that being said. What happens to your other ship? You obviously had to get there somehow? Or am I mistaken and you can't do that?
TimberWolf
Inmate

Post by TimberWolf »

Joystick

Toned down a little to get good FPS (system isn't good enough to max out)

Yes

Can't, tried but the pilot is still there

Won't tell

Both

as I stated above I have tried to steal a ship in a dock but it won't allow you to get into it. The game identifies the ship as having a pilot there which means you can not lay claim to it. Also you can not recieve any damage or deal any damage in a station. This was helpful in getting one of those hidden crates in my first game.

I have a good picture of my Osprey sitting at the exit for the Xenon shipyard as fighters try to get out, only ending up flying into the station and bouncing around in the doorway. At the same time the ones that followed me and the ones that got out are attacking my backside as my turrets pick them off.

If you look carefully you can still see the shot from the BPSG's and the vanishing remains of a ship just below the dock.
TimberWolf
Inmate

Post by TimberWolf »

I spent about 2 hours playing last night and got myself up to Ace of Aces 2nd Grade. I did this by almost wipping out Xenon sector 534. I say almost because I had to jump out of sector before destroying the last station at save my ships in Red Light from a Khaak attack.

I had taken a Xenon invasion mission before destroying their sector that didn't end until 2 hours after it started. Reason being is one of the Xenon M2's ran as the defending M2's attecked it. The Xenon ship was faster than most of the battle fleet so only the Split M2 was able to keep up with it. The AI eventually destroyed it once I left the system but the last time I was able to find them they were over 1000km away from me and barely showed up in my video enhancement gogles.

I now have about 27 million credits. I am getting closer to being able to afford a TL or I could spend the money and set up more stations. I will devide later which way to go.
XMEN Iceman

Post by XMEN Iceman »

This may sound funny TW...but I enjoy the running recap of your adventures in this game. Keep it up!