Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Talk about games other than Tribes.

Moderator: Moderators

XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Post by XMEN Gambit »

I don't know if any of you played, let alone finished, the old Infocom interactive text game of HGttG. You may not have even heard of it. (I wonder how many of you have played Zork?) In any case, I did play and finish HGttG, and with the movie coming out soon there's lots of stuff surfacing. Here's one: The original text game, but redone with pictures. I suppose I should mention that it's free...

Get the goods here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/hitchhikers/game_new.shtml
Sharpster
Inmate

Post by Sharpster »

I remember it my friends dad busted out some old txt games like that lol that was fun
Gryphon
Inmate

Post by Gryphon »

Hehe yeah I remember the old dos game. I had maps and everything all drawn out. There was a point when I got the babel fish I couldn't get past.
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

Once you get the babelfish, you just stuck it in your ear IIRC. The hard part was GETTING the babelfish - it kept caroming around the room until it vanished down a drain if you didn't know the trick. :)
Sharpster
Inmate

Post by Sharpster »

lol i wanna play again

where can i get it ?
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

The link in the original post will get you there. :)
Sharpster
Inmate

Post by Sharpster »

lol oops, shoulda noticed that :-P thx
Gryphon
Inmate

Post by Gryphon »

Gryphon wrote:There was a point when I got *to the babel fish I couldn't get past.
Ya I don't think I ever got the babel fish. You had to put your case in front of the drain or something, then it would fly through the air and through a hole in the wall so you would hang your gown on a nail to cover the hole then cleaning robots would scoop it up, it seemed never ending, every time you solved one problem it created another. Don't think I got past that.
Sharpster
Inmate

Post by Sharpster »

Me either, thats the problem i had in it. The link Gambit gave though has the rooms drawn out and you can see it lol. It's cool i finally figured out the babelfish part tho and now im at the poet captain idiot.

I cant figure out how to use the keyboard lol to enter in the word plurdled from the captains poem.... and i need that vector thing apparently