Gran Turismo 4

Talk about games other than Tribes.

Moderator: Moderators

BlackRider
Inmate

Gran Turismo 4

Post by BlackRider »

If you liked GT3, you'll love GT4. I you didn't like GT3, you still most likely love GT4. I used to think that it was just GT3 with more cars and tracks and a few minor tweaks... but its a whole new game!

The car handling is still way off, but it feels right somehow. It is many times better than GT3. The steering still feels like % to understeer vs. where the wheels are... i.e. when you are understeering and you turn the wheel more, you turn just a hare sharper. I'd rather hit understeer and have further steering do nothing until you regain traction. Lastly the cars still feel too light in some situations.

Graphics are leaps and bounds above GT3 on the TV screen. Much more animation in the crouds and some other things.

The GT4 wheel is the best gaming device I've ever had. I use it for PS2 and PC games. Some people don't like 900' lock to lock, but I can't live with out it. All I need for my PC games is a clutch and an h-shifter I'll be set.

I don't know how big you guys are into consoles, but if you have a PS2 then this is the game to buy. I bought mine just for GT3 and with GT4, its getting used again. My only complaint is that the game is very heavy on the Japanese car side. It has zillions of Skylines, WRXs, and Evos... but only 3 mustangs (if you count the Shelby 350), 4 corvettes, 2 GTOs and a couple other American cars. Also, NO C6 vette!!!! :*(

I'll post some pics from photo mode when I get a $15 USB flash card.

*edit* My attempts at photo mode:
http://www.microsmithinc.com/blackrider/gt4/
Spinning Hat
Inmate

Post by Spinning Hat »

I was SO close to buying this at Best Buy today. Figured I had better talk it over with the wife first, since I just bought a Radio fo rthe car to replace the stolen one.
"Never, Never, Never quit." - Winston Churchill
"Men don't like to cuddle. They only cuddle if it leads to.. You know.. Lower cuddling." - Ray Romano
"Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a dump truck." - Ricky, age 10