Talk about games other than Tribes.

Moderator: Moderators

Atheist
Inmate

Prince of Persia - Warrior Within

Post by Atheist »

Amazing game.

Check it out.

Much better than Sands of Time (monsters don't reincarnate to piss me off in this one). Plus its sooo much darker.

Yes. I like my games dark and moody, and depressing. :)
xmenclan
Site Admin

Post by xmenclan »

Ja? Und vhy iss zat, precizely? You vill tell your friend Dr. Freud, ja? :)
Atheist
Inmate

Post by Atheist »

:P

I'm lazy. I don't like to be pro-active.

... and who is that? Gambit? :P You threw me for a loop in the "Gen. public" forum.. I responded to a thread from like 2003 and couldn't figure out why it was the only one there... thennnn I refresh and suddenly there's like 80 threads.

My foot hurts because I kicked my computer.
xmenclan
Site Admin

Post by xmenclan »

Yes, it's me. If you'd checked the "moving in" forum, you'd see I'm running the last of the imports tonight so we can stop using the EZBoard. :)

And you threw ME for a loop, when I checked to see how the conversion was going and noticed a "new post" flag in the midst of the converted stuff. :o
Atheist
Inmate

Post by Atheist »

Yeah.. I realized that when it stopped updating suddenly...

I was gonna have a bit of fun and start randomly posting in a few of the threads.

But if you look about 2 posts up.. I'm too lazy.
;)
Atheist
Inmate

Post by Atheist »

Anyways, as requested, here's a little more information about the game.

This game starts off I think a year after Sands of Time. The prince (of Persia) is being chased by some kind of being callad that Dahaka. Clearly this thing wants to maim, hurt, or possibly even kill him. But we all know that this won't happen because the prince is so bad-ass and can dual wield now.

The best part of this game isn't so much the puzzles (which are guaranteed to be frustrating in some places) but more the combat. It takes the combat from the last game and TOTALLY steps it up. Now you're not limitted to slash-slash-super slash. Now you have like an arsenal of 20-30 different combinations and moves. You can dual wield.. you can toss axes, you can spin, swipe, run up walls and do some crazy acrobatics while kicking ass. You can throw enemies, you can choke them, you can steal their weapons and consequently cleave their heads with them.

Yes. This game is that awesome.

The story is pretty engaging. Not as good as it could be, but good enough that you want to find out what happens.

I haven't finished it yet, (I'm about half-way through it) but I'll tell you, some of the animations are incredible.

Very pretty, very fun.. and the only downside is that the music kind of sucks. They got rid of the whole Arabian nights musical theme and instead went with an Arabian Nights-inspired metal guitar thing.

Meh.

But aside from that, I really REALLY like the game.

:)

Enjoy.
xmenclan
Site Admin

Post by xmenclan »

Cool. I haven't played any PoP since the original way back 20 years ago, or whatever it was.

Speaking of 20-year-old games, look for a post from me soon on the Pirates! remake which my brother just got me.
Atheist
Inmate

Post by Atheist »

Yeah.. I was looking at that.

Was it good?

Right now I'm anxiously awaiting KOTOR II for PC.

Last good game I played was Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines.

AMAZING game.

... and some really hot vampiressess. :)