DefenseTurret = Anti cheat???? What is this about??

Wanna understand E=mc2, English grammer, or maybe just build a computer? We can help!

Moderator: Moderators

AhamkarA DTM

DefenseTurret = Anti cheat???? What is this about??

Post by AhamkarA DTM »

Ive seen this on a few servers and from what I understand its a anti cheat program or something like that.

If you would please let me know what it is and If I should be using it.
Theres only about 100+ people on the 80 or so servers anyway.
I would like to think the vast majority arent cheating.

Besides what kind of cheats could you possibly use on Tribes2?
Besides the Autoaim.cs we all use anyway.

Thank you in advance for your time and patience.
I Have Become Emily, the Destroyer Of Sleep
<TABLE><TR valign=top><TD>
</TD><TD>
Proud Member OfThe Dragon Talon Mercenaries
Honored and Delighted Member of The XMEN
L33t Member of The Houds Of Zeus
</TD></TR></TABLE>If you run till you're tired you will only die sleepy.
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

The big reason we started using it when we were competing is that some people would use a script called "autopoints." See, in T2, if you see an nme on the sensor net, you can set a waypoint on that player, or deployable, or whatever. This waypoint is a 3-d waypoint, and shows in your HUD. What autopoints did was to automatically set waypoints on everything belonging to the nme that it possibly could, so they'd show in your HUD. Since it's a legit waypoint, it can be used not only to see that feller on the other side of the wall, coming in the doorway, but it could also be used to aim mortar fire from across the map. Not perfect, not autoaim, but very very handy. After much debate, the league decided to ban this particular script, and the only practical way to enforce it was to use DefenseTurret. Along with that was eliminated a variety of things that people had thought gave an unfair advantage while not being strictly illegal or a cheat, such as some textures and colors.

Was all quite a while back and I may not be recalling correctly, so feel free to correct, guys.

What we found was that there was little to no disadvantage to using defense turret. It did a pretty good job with what it did and set the script kiddies back a ways, and didn't slow us down. There are a few holes, of course, but they're not very blatant.
AhamkarA DTM

Post by AhamkarA DTM »

Prompt, insightful,and courteous as always!

Thank you much Cajun.